• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Second Frigador

The beads are in, just waiting for the RH to raise. How long do all of you let your humies season?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9576]

How muchdid that coat ya in wood?

Damn, that's pretty impressive! Look forward to seeing this thing finished.

This thing its looking great Deon, I've got an old fridge I keep for beer when I have poker games and I think I might convert it.

Slevy007, got it for $250, had to purchase two 4x8 quater inch sheets of cedar (the rest was from his scrap pile), (http://custom-creation.net). Also used two sheets of 4x8 sheets of plywood $30. The wood guy did not have any half inch of plywood. Had to make everything out of plywood then cover it with cedar except the back and door panel, what a pain in the neck. I even lined the underside of the shelfs.

How long should I season the new humi (freez-a-dor)?

The unit has been seasoning for about twenty four hours, the temp is sixty eight, the RH is sixty two. Hopefully by sunday I will be able to christen it.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9579]

Moving day will be tonight after the easter and family festivities, the temp was 67, RH was 70.

Just signed the deed on the new house, the sticks have a new home.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9598]

Classy. Makes my little mini-frigidor look trailer park....

Glad you guys all like it. Just got back from Louisiana after a two week work stay (that is why I have been missing for a while). I had all four containers of beads pretty well clear. I opened the humi last night after two weeks of not being touched and the Temp was 69, RH was 65. I think it is safe to say that this unit works.