• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never Forget.

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
USS-Arizona-after-fire-425w.png

Doc

John, you were right here this summer?!? Did I know this? Were you avoiding me? :p (I honestly wouldn't blame you)

I was fortunate to be able to attend the Blackened Canteen ceremony on the AZ Memorial this year on December 6th, but we had events going on at the Museum on the 7th, so couldn't make it to the park for the ceremonies there that morning (though the flyover is always chilling). There was no Navy pass and review this year due to the tides, but it was still a very somber and reflective morning.

Thanks for posting, Doc.

John, you were right here this summer?!? Did I know this? Were you avoiding me? :p (I honestly wouldn't blame you)

I was fortunate to be able to attend the Blackened Canteen ceremony on the AZ Memorial this year on December 6th, but we had events going on at the Museum on the 7th, so couldn't make it to the park for the ceremonies there that morning (though the flyover is always chilling). There was no Navy pass and review this year due to the tides, but it was still a very somber and reflective morning.

Thanks for posting, Doc.
I was! Never even knew you and John were there at that time. I remember thinking “Doh!” When I realized O&C lived there, but thought he was the only member on the island. Was staying right next to K-Bay to boot!

Last edited:
Pearl City. I can (almost) literally see my house across the harbor from the museum on Ford Island where I work.