• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Cigar Toy

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I'm starting a new thread about this device because it was buried in an intro thread made by it's inventor.

It's called PerfecDraw...it's one of those long nail-like things you use to unplug a cigar. I've had it for a little over a month now and I must say it's the first of it's kind that actually works for me. The difference is it has tiny little barbs on the tip of the shaft that removes a small amount of tobacco on withdrawal. The first time I used it was on a Por Larranaga Montecarlo and I was sold. As BBS would say about a plugged cigar, "it's a tent peg". That one was. I twisted it in and pulled it straight out and it was totally smokeable. Truth is, I'm using it more than I would have thought...even when I smoke a cigar that has a little tight draw, the kind we put up with the whole time we smoke it...I pull this out and free the leaf up a bit until it draws nicely.

It's well made and feels solid in your hand. It's a bit pricey, but when you figure how many cigars it saves, we'll re-coop that money in no time. If I had one bitch about it, that would be that it's a little short...meaning, you have to go in from both ends on a completely tight rolled stick (versus a cigar with just a hard spot) on a churchill or lancero length.

All in all, it's a great new toy that works.

PS: I used a code...Katman...and got 15% off. They ship like lightning too.

PPS: I also started this new thread because the other one had a bunch of comments from Danny that almost made me cry. He was so smart...and interesting. But most of all, he was so kind. A true gentle soul. Damn f'in cancer....

Last edited:
IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2033.JPG

I agree 100 percent... I wish I had gotten 15% off, because I may have gotten it sooner... I use it at least once a week, if not more.

I'm starting a new thread about this device because it was buried in an intro thread made by it's inventor.

It's called PerfecDraw...it's one of those long nail-like things you use to unplug a cigar. I've had it for a little over a month now and I must say it's the first of it's kind that actually works for me. The difference is it has tiny little barbs on the tip of the shaft that removes a small amount of tobacco on withdrawal. The first time I used it was on a Por Larranaga Montecarlo and I was sold. As BBS would say about a plugged cigar, "it's a tent peg". That one was. I twisted it in and pulled it straight out and it was totally smokeable. Truth is, I'm using more than I would have thought...even when I smoke a cigar that has a little tight draw, the kind we put up with the whole time we smoke it...I pull this out and free the leaf up a bit until it draws nicely.

It's well made and feels solid in your hand. It's a bit pricey, but when you figure how many cigars it saves, we'll re-coop that money in no time. If I had one bitch about it, that would be that it's a little short...meaning, you have to go in from both ends on a completely tight rolled stick (versus a cigar with just a hard spot) on a churchill or lancero length.

All in all, it's a great new toy that works.

PS: I used a code...Katman...and got 15% off. They ship like lightning too.

PPS: I also started this new thread because the other one had a bunch of comments from Danny that almost made me cry. He was so smart...and interesting. But most of all, he was so kind. A true gentle soul. Damn f'in cancer....

Thanks for this review Gary, I just ordered one and the coupon code still works.

Well shit....I guess I need to order one.

I really don't come across as many plugged cigars as I used to, but I certainly do from time to time. And when you get one, it just sucks, especially if it's a cigar I only have one of. Thanks for the info and review. I'll add this to my toolbox.

I want to be sure I understand....you twist it into the cigar, from the head....all the way down to the foot.....then pull straight out?

I really don't come across as many plugged cigars as I used to, but I certainly do from time to time. And when you get one, it just sucks, especially if it's a cigar I only have one of. Thanks for the info and review. I'll add this to my toolbox.

I want to be sure I understand....you twist it into the cigar, from the head....all the way down to the foot.....then pull straight out?

Check out the video on their website on how to use it....that explains it better than I could. I bought it because I went on a small ring gauge CC buying spree the last few months and we all know what that means down the road. I'll tell you Wyatt, I use it a lot to improve the draw on a good number of cigars I smoke now. I smoked a short Tat the other day...like a T-110 size...and it had an OK draw, but it wasn't performing the way I like. I rammed this thing in there and it then smoked perfectly...so it's not just for totally plugged cigars. I think it's smaller size lends itself to using it more, it's the size of a thin ball point pen. I also have that big Drawpoker and it's a hump to use. Laying the cigar in the tray, selecting the correct hole that centers it in the cigar, then doing that 2 or 3 times to MAYBE open up the cigar...too big, too difficult...and not a lot of success. I keep this new one in my travel humidor so I have it when I'm home or on the road.

Just saying, don't want to burst anyone's bubble.

o_O
1f37a00d0c631130512aa790219c84992c29986b1bd30a47b8fd0b02a4ed8aa4.jpg

I have a Drawpoker and the damn thing has blown up almost every cigar I've tried to open up. Wrappers almost explode due to the expansion of jamming the rod down the cigar. This would have to be quite a bit smaller than the DP or it'd be just as frustrating.

I like Anthony's idea.....bike store on the way home, in fact....;-)

Go to bike shop thy will give you a bent one for free. Trim to length, works as good a s a cigar specific one.

I screw it into the cigar about 1 inch and pull... it will pull some tobacco out of the head, take your fingers and pull the tobacco out... I love it!

I screw it into the cigar about 1 inch and pull... it will pull some tobacco out of the head, take your fingers and pull the tobacco out... I love it!

Use your teeth like a real cigar smoker.
Think of it as 'practice'...

geesh

I got to use the tool today on a Sir Winston and it's worth every penny. I can't compare it to any other tool as this is the first one I have purchased. When I had a plugged cigar, a toothpick usually did the trick.