• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to cigars? Info for you!

Here's a noob question on one that's not up there:

"Nub"

What does it mean to "nub" a cigar?
To "nub" basically means you smoke a cigar down till it is pretty much burning your fingers. At which point you can use a nubber like a safety pin, toothpick, or any one of the commercial nubbers out there. If a cigar is "nubbable" or "nub worthy" it means that the cigar can be smoked down to the very end which means that it still tastes good and not harsh, bitter, or acrid, and does not have tongue bite.

Here's a noob question on one that's not up there:

"Nub"

What does it mean to "nub" a cigar?
To "nub" basically means you smoke a cigar down till it is pretty much burning your fingers. At which point you can use a nubber like a safety pin, toothpick, or any one of the commercial nubbers out there. If a cigar is "nubbable" or "nub worthy" it means that the cigar can be smoked down to the very end which means that it still tastes good and not harsh, bitter, or acrid, and does not have tongue bite.
Yah, and when you get one like that, you seriously consider eating it. :laugh:

Very cool and useful information. I guess I can start to reference this rather than ask all the n00b questions I've been asking:)

I never knew there were a couple ways of making cigars (booking and entubar). I always thought they were all just rolled up, or "booked".

Same goes for the Colorado blend. I wasn't sure what that meant on the label but I've smoked a couple of these and really enjoyed them.

Thanks for the useful info, again!

Learned quite a bit from this post. Appreciate the effort put in to help expand the mindset of the newer community members. For people like me who always enjoyed an occasional cigar but never really understood what "Candela" meant, or how to hold a conversation about the appreciation of the stick one was smoking at the time,and so on.... The more I read up on this site, the more I appreciate the members who continually give their support and are more than willing to S-P-E-L-L it out for us. My friend stopped by the other day and said "I went from crap to pretty respectable" with my desk top humidor. Made me laugh. THANKS for the info. CP !

Amazing thread! Having scrolled through it quickly, I caught a bunch of words I've seen but never understood. Nice and easy to read as well. 10/10 Thanks.

Thank You For This And Thank you To Everyone Who Added Information As I Am New To All Of This. Now I Can Atleast Understand What Is Being Said By People Even If I Am Still A Deer In headlights About This Topic.

Hey thanks for posting this as this has covered almost all things and I am sure this will help out a lot..

litenyaup said:
New guy here and this is great information!!
Read the rules in the intro section and post up an intro so we can get to know you a bit.

Paul

I have read it and found many new facts about cigars. There are really many answers to the questions that i won`t ask ever in my life!now I know everything! :cool: Thanks again!

"Aficionado-- Cigar smoker afflicted with delusions of grandeur."
"Inhale-- What you don't do with cigar smoke."

hahahahahahaa