• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

I'm surprised more newbs haven't jumped on this yet. After the thread that BBS started about passes, it seemed like a lot of newbs wanted to get in a pass.
Maybe they are scared of a Fat Texan.

You promised to teach them something right Jake? Perhaps you should let them know there will be no test. I think you scared them off.

Or, Sims might be right...

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1318530059' post='1059144']
[quote name='2K6TBSS' timestamp='1318459561' post='1059067']
I'm surprised more newbs haven't jumped on this yet. After the thread that BBS started about passes, it seemed like a lot of newbs wanted to get in a pass.
[/quote]
Maybe they are scared of a Fat Texan.
[/quote]

They must not know he's a big teddy bear... :)

You promised to teach them something right Jake? Perhaps you should let them know there will be no test. I think you scared them off.

Fine by me if the newer guys don't want to participate...I figured this would be a pass I'd have to have a sign-up cutoff for. Interestingly enough, especially if the pass doesn't have many members, you'll still see newer members wondering why they aren't invited into passes with the big boys and higher quality smokes.

I understand more guys could participate if I didn't have the 4 month rule....but guys, there's a method to the madness. I'm not going to send a box of cigars to someone whose been around for a month...it's nothing personal, but there's more risk there than I'm willing to take...as if a pass with all first timers isn't risky enough.

If you want to get your feet wet, and you've been active over four months I encourage you to join...hell, you might even learn a few things.

instant-chinese.jpg

I considered this pass, but I didn't have 40 posts prior to Jun 11. As you can see I barely have that many now! I just read and don't talk much, that’s just the way I am. I also don't know about the rule of "must have one successful trade". I don't think I meet that requirement either. I haven’t made any real trades on here, but have purchased from one of our fine retailors.

I wouldn’t mind joining this pass, but I will wait until I can actually qualify for one. I will definitely be following this one.

I considered this pass, but I didn't have 40 posts prior to Jun 11. As you can see I barely have that many now! I just read and don't talk much, that's just the way I am. I also don't know about the rule of "must have one successful trade". I don't think I meet that requirement either. I haven't made any real trades on here, but have purchased from one of our fine retailors.

I wouldn't mind joining this pass, but I will wait until I can actually qualify for one. I will definitely be following this one.

You don't have to have 40 passes before June 11, you have to have joined the forum Before June 11 (which you did) and you must have 40 posts as of now (which you do).

PM me and we can talk about the other requirement if you want to participate in this pass.

Fine by me if the newer guys don't want to participate...I figured this would be a pass I'd have to have a sign-up cutoff for. Interestingly enough, especially if the pass doesn't have many members, you'll still see newer members wondering why they aren't invited into passes with the big boys and higher quality smokes.

I understand more guys could participate if I didn't have the 4 month rule....but guys, there's a method to the madness. I'm not going to send a box of cigars to someone whose been around for a month...it's nothing personal, but there's more risk there than I'm willing to take...as if a pass with all first timers isn't risky enough.

If you want to get your feet wet, and you've been active over four months I encourage you to join...hell, you might even learn a few things.

instant-chinese.jpg

I completely understand and respect the need for rules in these passes. My only hope is that they due continue in the future. I would hate to see the lack of participation by newer members cause them to not be around in the future. None the less I look forward to following this!

I'm not sure if the only "pass" I've been part of, the AF CD pass counts, I'd like to throw my name into this here Pass. It was handled through the Cigar Lounge so I wasn't considering it as a real pass, but I'll let BigJake decide.

I'm not sure if the only "pass" I've been part of, the AF CD pass counts, I'd like to throw my name into this here Pass. It was handled through the Cigar Lounge so I wasn't considering it as a real pass, but I'll let BigJake decide.
I would agree that the DVD was more of a PIF than a true pass. Dont want to speak for Jake but I would think you are all good to sign up here!

I am on vacation and Joebunga PMed me about this and I would love to join thanks Jake for putting this together.

PM Sent!

Thanks for the heads up Joe!

Im not scared of a 'Fat Texan' . Cowboy up, Im in. . .

I was gonna bump you on this too, but:

4 Months membership on the board (Join date on or prior to June 11, 2011)

You're not quite old enough...
Should be fun to watch, and there will be other passes.

Jake - may want to put a recruiting post in The Lobby.

For all the "...i'm a new guy and I can't join a pass..." comments in my thread, there sure seems to be a lack of interest here. All hat and no cattle, as my friends from TX would say..... :p

For all the "...i'm a new guy and I can't join a pass..." comments in my thread, there sure seems to be a lack of interest here. All hat and no cattle, as my friends from TX would say..... :p

There's always going to be people who want to join, but can't for whatever reason. That doesn't necessarily mean there's a lack of interest.

Except for one or two exceptions, I think most everyone who spoke up in your thread has checked in here. Even people who aren't eligible are taking an active interest. That's a decent showing.

There's even a few people who are asking to join but weren't part of your thread, so Jake's even picked up some "strays". :D

Im not scared of a 'Fat Texan' . Cowboy up, Im in. . .

I was gonna bump you on this too, but:

4 Months membership on the board (Join date on or prior to June 11, 2011)

You're not quite old enough...
Should be fun to watch, and there will be other passes.

He's within just a few days, this won't be shipped within a week, I'm going to change that "rule" to you must be 4 months on the boards when the pass ships. He's good.

If we don't get up to at least 15 participants in the next few days, I will include an "at my discretion" clause for those members at around 3 months who have a few trades under their belts.

I would agree that the DVD was more of a PIF than a true pass. Dont want to speak for Jake but I would think you are all good to sign up here!

You didn't go through the P/T, research, contest, etc. process that a pass entails. It's more of a PIF and takes care of the trade requirement.

Thanks for the opportunity. If you will have me, I would like to participate.