• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Make sure you are not confusing AGE with RARITY.

Just because it is old doen not mean it is rare.

Tim

Doing a bit of homework on this last night. Read and reread the OP and got stuck on this question:

Can one assign a value to a rare cigar? If yes, how? Thinking of the Felipe Gregorio here.

Not sure many of us will have a 1998 stick lurking in our humi, so if I am reading right, we could put a higher valued stick to make up for the lack of rarity?

http://www.cigarpass...showtopic=34244

Here's a number of answers to your question from some of the most experienced among us. As you will see, the common thread is; If you don't know, ask.

Thanks for the link. Good stuff in there!

Make sure you are not confusing AGE with RARITY.

Just because it is old doen not mean it is rare.

Tim

Great point, Tim, and duly noted! (since that's exactly what I was doing..... ???)

I'll want to thank the FOG's in advance for any/all help on this pass. Stellar resource.

Doing a bit of homework on this last night. Read and reread the OP and got stuck on this question:

Can one assign a value to a rare cigar? If yes, how? Thinking of the Felipe Gregorio here.

Not sure many of us will have a 1998 stick lurking in our humi, so if I am reading right, we could put a higher valued stick to make up for the lack of rarity?

Here's a number of answers to your question from some of the most experienced among us. As you will see, the common thread is; If you don't know, ask.

Thanks Matt, a great reference I forgot to cite.

Thanks Matt, a great reference I forgot to cite.
Slacker!

As we get to the point of discussing particular P/T's for these types of cigars, you will realize there was a method to the madness of throwing a few zingers in the mix. :laugh:

Great info on that Q & A link... Thanks for posting that up.

I am really looking forward to getting my feet wet, as well as a little nervous. Is it ok to discuss openly the possible PUT and TAKES before one finalizes, like I have seen with other passes, to make sure it is justified? Nevermind- rule #9. My bad...

I am hoping to participate in a handoff, but with a full time job, and being a part-time student, as well as maintaining my home - finding free time has been more and more difficult lately. So my apologies in advance if I cannot, but will do my best.

Pass order and map are finalized. 1st post is updated.

I will begin putting the pass content and papers together.

Targeting Wednesday or Thursday for take-off.

Ready to receive Barry (mjolnir01)?

How are we informed of the address of the person we are sending the pass to? I take it that this is included in the pass paperwork that travels with the pass, but for some reason I had always imagined this was PM'ed to the participants at the start of the pass.

How are we informed of the address of the person we are sending the pass to? I take it that this is included in the pass paperwork that travels with the pass, but for some reason I had always imagined this was PM'ed to the participants at the start of the pass.

The bold part is correct.

Pass order and map are finalized. 1st post is updated.

I will begin putting the pass content and papers together.

Targeting Wednesday or Thursday for take-off.

Ready to receive Barry (mjolnir01)?

Ready to catch it.

The bold part is correct.
Except in the average you learn something pass. Never seems to make it past Gary. :laugh:

Jake,

I again, would like to thank you for all your efforts that you have put into this pass.

Well done Sir.

Rob

Jake,

I again, would like to thank you for all your efforts that you have put into this pass.

Well done Sir.

Rob

Hey Rob do you ever travel over the mountains into NH at all? You are after me in the pass and Albany is only 3 hours from my house! I may be willing to do a handoff.

Jake,

Well done Sir.

Rob

Hey Rob do you ever travel over the mountains into NH at all? You are after me in the pass and Albany is only 3 hours from my house! I may be willing to do a handoff.

PM me once you get the pass. We will talk.

Jake,

Well done Sir.

Rob

I smell a Newbie Pass meets the Collar City Cigar Crew Herf!

Jake,

Well done Sir.

Rob

I don't want to Mix it up with too many of you New Yorkers...LOL us Bostonians need to keep our distance...LOL No but seriously it would be cool to get together with a few CP members at some point.

I've got all my research done on the original list of cigars. I'm really looking forward to following and participating in this pass. Let's get this thing started!!!

Jake,

Well done Sir.

Rob

Collar City Cigar Club (C.C.C.C.) in effect !.... lol
Jim- Im looking into logo designs, maybe we could get together soon and discuss ?

I am working on the research and having a hard time identifying a few of them. I too am looking forward to participating in this pass. I will continue my research.

Pass is packed and ready to fly.

Anyone know if the PO is open Sat?

I couldn't make it today and I know it is closed Friday for Veterans Day...