• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

New seasons of "The Expanse" and "Bosch" are here! Both look really, really good---effects & sets on "The Expanse" were off the hook, and story is already white-knuckle deep in intrigue. It's on SyFy (I watch on Amazon) so like "Legion" it'll be one episode a week. "Bosch," on the other hand, is on Amazon Prime so like Netflix they dropped the whole season at once. I'll be hard pressed not to watch it all this weekend---if you're not watching it's a great cop show. Titus Welliver (he was the IRA mobster in "Sons of Anarchy") plays an LA homicide detective with a troubled past and he's just excellent in the role. He's got producer/showrunner credit on this, so if you catch yourself thinking "Damn! This role was made for him!" . . . well . . . it WAS.

~Boar

Watched the 1st episode of Killing Eve, which is a new series on BBC America. Pretty interesting.

New seasons of "The Expanse" and "Bosch" are here! Both look really, really good---effects & sets on "The Expanse" were off the hook, and story is already white-knuckle deep in intrigue. It's on SyFy (I watch on Amazon) so like "Legion" it'll be one episode a week. "Bosch," on the other hand, is on Amazon Prime so like Netflix they dropped the whole season at once. I'll be hard pressed not to watch it all this weekend---if you're not watching it's a great cop show. Titus Welliver (he was the IRA mobster in "Sons of Anarchy") plays an LA homicide detective with a troubled past and he's just excellent in the role. He's got producer/showrunner credit on this, so if you catch yourself thinking "Damn! This role was made for him!" . . . well . . . it WAS.

~Boar

Like last year, I'm planning on marathoning Bosch tonight after the F1 race is over. I'm a huge Connelly/Bosch/Welliver fan, so this marriage of author, character, and actor makes me incredibly happy. I've been avoiding the promos for it, but the quick snippet I saw makes me believe that this season is based (at least partly) off of "Angels Flight". I should be ready to discuss tomorrow afternoon once I wake up. ;)

Anyone watched the Netflix "Lost in Space" yet? It looks interesting.

Bosch: Best season so far.

I'm part way through. He's having the flashbacks to when he was a kid in the pool, if that tells you what I've seen so far.

Looks like he's getting geared up to kick ass and take names. So far I'm digging it.

I've got it on my list---I'm old enough that I watched the original, after all---but I haven't started it yet. Right now my lineup's a little full, even though I finished Bosch the weekend after it dropped. :eek:

On Amazon I've got The Crossing, Legion, and The Expanse going, plus a new show, Siren, that's pretty good. Mermaids! Plus I'm rewatching Justified from the beginning (in Season 2 currently). On Netflix I'm watching El Ministerio del Tiempo, spottily. It's really good so far but with all those new seasons on Amazon I don't get to it as much as I'd like.

~Boar

Not too sure about Lost in Space just yet.
Finished the episode that gave Parker Posey's character's backstory, and haven't tried to watch since.

I'm up to episode 8 of Lost in Space and it continuous to be slow and sort of geared towards a younger (teenager) audience. This show could've been so much more if done differently. I will finish watching the whole thing but I'll doubt that I can watch a second season.

Watched the first 2 episode I like it so far .the robot looks like a Dredge from Titan A.E.

My wife and I have Movie Pass and have been watching quite a bit of movies as of late. That being said, we've watched movies that we wouldn't have otherwise watched in theaters.

We went to see Super Troopers recently and I was entertained. It was pretty darn funny and it had me laughing out loud a few times. it was pretty predictable, but I really liked the subtle references to the original movie.

Was it theater worthy? Only if there's a crowd. I'll probably watch it again on dvd.

Super Troopers 2: I was so afraid it was going to be a letdown -- so many sequels are; especially something that is, what, 17 years after the first one? This was PERFECT as far as a sequel goes. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. Well done, Broken Lizard.

A Quiet Place: Very good movie, but I was letdown by the ending. I won't say anything as I don't want to spoil it, but it reminded me very much of another movie from the late 90's (that I enjoyed, by the way). Will discuss if someone wants to, but trying to be respectful of spoilers for those who haven't seen it and may want to.

Super Troopers 2: I was so afraid it was going to be a letdown -- so many sequels are; especially something that is, what, 17 years after the first one? This was PERFECT as far as a sequel goes. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. Well done, Broken Lizard.

A Quiet Place: Very good movie, but I was letdown by the ending. I won't say anything as I don't want to spoil it, but it reminded me very much of another movie from the late 90's (that I enjoyed, by the way). Will discuss if someone wants to, but trying to be respectful of spoilers for those who haven't seen it and may want to.

Going to see Super Troopers 2 tomorrow, so glad to see this as I am skeptical too First one is top 5 all time comedies for me

~Boar

My wife and I watched the first season of Bosch last night based on a recommendation from a friend. It's good and Titus really draws you into the story. He was made for this role. To me, "Breaking Bad" was the series that all other series' will be compared. It's close.