• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

3rd season of the Man in the high Castle just dropped...

Great story line

3rd season of the Man in the high Castle just dropped...

Great story line

I've been meaning to check this out. People have been raving about it for a few years, now, but I just have never gotten around to it. It's weird -- I have no problem spending an hour or more outside with a cigar reading a book and feeling content and productive, but I feel like I'm wasting the day away (and family time) if I sit and get sucked into marathoning Netflix/Amazon shows. I still need to watch the most recent season of The Blacklist, too.

I've been meaning to check this out. People have been raving about it for a few years, now, but I just have never gotten around to it. It's weird -- I have no problem spending an hour or more outside with a cigar reading a book and feeling content and productive, but I feel like I'm wasting the day away (and family time) if I sit and get sucked into marathoning Netflix/Amazon shows. I still need to watch the most recent season of The Blacklist, too.

There is a book...

I'm on episode 6 of the new (and final) season of House Of Cards on Netflix. I'm not sure what I think so far. It's either going to be a letdown, or the final episode is going to tie it all together to where it's completely mind blowing. I'm preparing for the former, and hoping for the latter.

We also went and saw The Nutcracker and The Four Realms" today. About what you expect from this sort of thing...

Weekend watches:

Alpha. Really good. They speak an invented language (with English subtitles) designed from proto-languages by linguistic anthropologists. Pretty much everything else has the same level of realism, too. Very well done & a pretty gripping watch overall.

A Wrinkle in Time. Much, much too YA for me. Your kids will love it though. Lots of cool CGI and unconvincing acting.

The Bodyguard. Netflix Original series with BBC. 6-episode stand-alone season, as they seem to like to do there. GREAT watch. Seriously. Gritty, white knuckles tense, twists & turns, slam bang, realistic action.

~Boar

I want to see Alpha

1 episode left, in Making a Murderer Season 2. Still confused as ever, on this f'ing show. I'd love to see a documentary, from the prosecutor side.

Anyone watch Patriot on Prime? I can't get a feel from the trailers exactly what it is. Comedy? Drama? Other?

Like my last post stated, went and watched Christopher Robin.....

If you don't like that movie...I am just gonna say it......you have NO SOUL!!!!!

I teared up more than a few times....so many memories, and a story line that really hit home with this ex-soldier

T

I just finished watching that on an Amazon rental. Damn. That was like a big warm hug from an old, old friend.

~Boar

Anyone else excited about The Mule with Clint Eastwood starring, directing, and producing??? I worship the water the man walks on and there’s nothing he can do wrong in my eyes..... I’m super stoked!

Anyone else excited about The Mule with Clint Eastwood starring, directing, and producing??? I worship the water the man walks on and there’s nothing he can do wrong in my eyes..... I’m super stoked!
Yes, looks really good... Big fan as well.

Amazon finally moved Star Trek: Discovery from CBS All Access-only to buyable .... I bought the first episode, then the second, then sprang for the rest of the season. Really, really good so far.

Fifty years in space though & ships still getting blown up! Of course with special effects NOW they're not just shaking the camera & having the cast fling themselves about! :p

Also Klingons get more ..... elaborate, let's say, with every new show. Original series they looked like Russians, or maybe Turks. Now they're like one badass stuffed inside ANOTHER badass.

~Boar

I'll likely pass on Bird Box.

Watched both seasons of Sneaky Pete. Pretty dang entertaining.

Watched season 3 of Travelers. Not a bad watch. Time travel adventure exploring the whole paradox/butterfly effect.

Blackmirror Bandersnatch was strange...but fun making selections in a choose your own adventure film.

Started watching The Protector. It's a series from Turkey, so have to read subtitles and some don't make sense...but it's kind of a fun watch.

So who has watched Bird Box yet? I haven't yet, but have read both good and bad reviews.
I watched it and it was ok i don’t think it’s the scariest movie out right now like some siaid. However I think it’s worth the watch as it has a strange plot. Check it out.

Personally, I thought it was good and "gripping" throughout the movie but hated the end. Without ruining it, I was always wondering where did it come from and what comes of it st end. I was frustrated to say the least.

So who has watched Bird Box yet? I haven't yet, but have read both good and bad reviews.

I watched it and I liked it. The characters were pretty relatable (which is something I look for in a good movie). I'm sure most of you have heard comparisons, but for me, it was a mixture of The Happening, The Mist, and A Quiet Place.

I'd recommend it. Just keep in mind that there is a ton of hype with this movie and it may, or may not live up to it.

Agree with above. It was pretty good, second things were really good, and some things could have been better.

Over all I would recommend it.

Watched "Into the Spider-verse' really enjoyed it, and "Bumblebee". Not a bad movie either, but wanted more...