• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

Three episodes in on Stranger Things Season 2 already. :D

Y'know, last season I of course noticed the accuracy of the sets, the retro color saturation values, the throwback plotlines and all that, but this time around I suddenly clicked to the camera work---the framing shots, the camera angles, the film editing---and it's all just period perfect. What an homage to an era.

Really compelling new storyline too. Great watch.

~Boar
Couldn't agree more. There is so much to like about both seasons. Story is fun, acting and directing is top notch. Solid viewing, to be sure.

My wife and I have started to watch Mindhunter on Netflix. It's set in the 70's about the first FBI criminal profilers.

My wife and I have started to watch Mindhunter on Netflix. It's set in the 70's about the first FBI criminal profilers.

I've heard nothing but good about this show. What're your thoughts on it?

I watched Army of Darkness again this past week. I love cheesy Bruce Campbell movies (finally saw Bubba Ho-Tep a few weeks ago).

My daughter and I watched Baby Driver last night. Dear Lord, was that horrible...

Been watching Stranger Things off and on today.

Didn't recognize Paul Riser, at first, dang he got old.

Like Sean Astin's character too. Wish more shows spent time on character building and plot like this one does.

Thought I found an anachronism in the 9.6v Makita battery powered drill the sheriff used, but it came out much earlier than I thought. Love the attention to details.

Saw The Florida Project yesterday with Willem Dafoe, who I really like. I really appreciated the film for what it did, and how it did it. Certainly not an art film, but not what you expect. Really reminded me of tableau scenes.

Also, Stranger Things is great. Not even risking reading anything written above. lol.

This thread got me to watch Mindhunters---the description made it sound like Inception and I wasn't originally interested, but damn. This is a great show! Loving the character development and Anna Torv from Fringe is still drop dead gorgeous. :D

~Boar

I really need to get on the Stranger Things bandwagon. I'm not a big Sci-Fi person, so the premise just doesn't interest me, at first glance. Funny, I can have no problem sitting and reading a book for 2, 3, 4+ hours at a time, but have a hard time justifying sitting still for 90'ish minutes to watch Netflix for a bit on the computer... :/

Been watching Stranger Things off and on today.

Didn't recognize Paul Riser, at first, dang he got old.

Like Sean Astin's character too. Wish more shows spent time on character building and plot like this one does.

Thought I found an anachronism in the 9.6v Makita battery powered drill the sheriff used, but it came out much earlier than I thought. Love the attention to details.

I recognized Riser, I just couldn't put a name to his face until I saw it in the credits. I finished the season last night! No spoilers here...

I really need to get on the Stranger Things bandwagon. I'm not a big Sci-Fi person, so the premise just doesn't interest me, at first glance. Funny, I can have no problem sitting and reading a book for 2, 3, 4+ hours at a time, but have a hard time justifying sitting still for 90'ish minutes to watch Netflix for a bit on the computer... :/

Episodes are only 40ish minutes. I believe that a part of the acclaim for this show stems from the period of time that it takes place. The lingo, style, references etc etc. There's a lot of nostalgia in the show.

Episodes are only 40ish minutes. I believe that a part of the acclaim for this show stems from the period of time that it takes place. The lingo, style, references etc etc. There's a lot of nostalgia in the show.

That still wasn’t enough to hook me. Just cannot get onboard

Lots of good stuff here.

We binged watched season 1 of Stranger Things because I couldn't remember most of it. Now we can start on season 2. Looking forward to it.

I second Mindhunters, great show so far.

Can hardly wait for Atomic Blonde to come out on DVD. Not quite interested in hitting the theater for that one, but really want to see it.

What?!

Finished season 2 last night.

Great story, even if a bit slow at times.

It's all good. It gives my wife and daughter a "thing"
and I just watch Forged in Fire on the History channel