• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oh please......

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Saw this on another forum. Submitted for your analysis......:rolleyes:

“The reputation of Cuban cigars has worsened over the years among true cigar aficionados. While you may still find a great regard for Cubans, it is not unlikely to find those that invest in cigars completely convert to only Gurkha’s once they have experienced our cigars,” says Danny Carroll, brand ambassador for Gurkha Cigars. “I have found that, quickly, their perceptions of where the best cigars come from are shattered.”

....not unlikely. Interesting......:eek:

https://www.themanual.com/culture/gurkha-cigars-most-expensive-cigar/

Fiction for certain.
Not even worth posting in a penny dreadful.

Saw this on another forum. Submitted for your analysis......:rolleyes:

“The reputation of Cuban cigars has worsened over the years among true cigar aficionados. While you may still find a great regard for Cubans, it is not unlikely to find those that invest in cigars completely convert to only Gurkha’s once they have experienced our cigars,” says Danny Carroll, brand ambassador for Gurkha Cigars. “I have found that, quickly, their perceptions of where the best cigars come from are shattered.”

....not unlikely. Interesting......:eek:

https://www.themanual.com/culture/gurkha-cigars-most-expensive-cigar/

Now that right there is funny!

Pitt-Spit.gif

~Boar

We need an emoticon just for this!

For me, it would be a barf bag. But a true story comes. In 1982 I was a manager for Mary Kay cosmetics. The VP of what was ROADWAY came into town and invited a select group of fifteen transportation managers to join him for dinner at The Old Warsaw restaurant, about as upscale as Dallas gets. I kid you not, money was no object. At the end of the meal the gal came out with a tray of super quality cigars, and I assure you NONE were Gurkha while several were ISO.

For me, it would be a barf bag. But a true story comes. In 1982 I was a manager for Mary Kay cosmetics. The VP of what was ROADWAY came into town and invited a select group of fifteen transportation managers to join him for dinner at The Old Warsaw restaurant, about as upscale as Dallas gets. I kid you not, money was no object. At the end of the meal the gal came out with a tray of super quality cigars, and I assure you NONE were Gurkha while several were ISO.

The brand as we know it wasn't formed until 1989, so would be tough to have one in '82. :p:p

That being said, I do not doubt the quality of sticks on that tray.

I read pretty much all I needed to read in BBS's quote. Thin line between advertisement and delusion.

Danny Carroll, brand ambassador for Gurkha Cigars. “I have found that, quickly, their perceptions of where the best cigars come from are shattered.”

I would be surprised if he would say anything else considering his title. In my experience I have found Acid Cigars eclipse anything Gurkha makes.

Friends don't let friends smoke Gurkha's. They can make an ok cigar. The problem is in a whole box that's what you'll get, 1 ok cigar... I am not interested in the treasure hunt of smoking 19 dog rockets to find that one which is only slightly better or as Doug said almost up to the level of an Acid cigar.

Well, that’s disturbing... All this time, I thought I was a true cigar aficionado...
Pfffffft!

You haven’t spent $1,000,000 on a once in a lifetime tour with shitty cigars and matching luggage!

Bah!

Amateur!