• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie O

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Nicaraguan Puro 4 x 49

After a beautiful day, I decided to throw some chicken on the grill (used McCormick’s Kickin’ Chicken spice). I figured it wouldn’t take long to grill, so went looking for a little smoke to have during. I picked out a Oliva Serie O Petit Perfecto.

03-16-08Imported139.jpg
03-16-08Imported140.jpg

Construction was nearly flawless and after clipping the foot, pre-light draw was perfect and of nice fresh tobacco. I toasted it up and put fire to it and first draw was a bit strong with lots of spice, however a good rich tobacco flavor in the smoke.

03-16-08Imported145.jpg

A quarter way through the strong spiciness subsided and the cigar became very smooth and creamy with a taste of buttered toast (that had been a little over toasted, actually very good). I was expecting this thing to gain in strength as the ring gauge grew, however it was not the case at all. I found the levels of spice and strength working perfectly together and flavors of dark toast with woodiness throughout the rest of the smoke.

03-16-08Imported146.jpg

03-16-08Imported148.jpg

03-16-08Imported151.jpg

03-16-08Imported153.jpg

03-16-08Imported156.jpg

03-16-08Imported157.jpg

03-16-08Imported159.jpg

I was actually sad it ended so quickly, and even more sad as it was the only Oliva I had in my humi. I’m thinking I may have to see if I can find a few more of these.

cool, can't wait to give the one I have a go. I was gifted one by my local BM owner after telling him about my love for the Short Story.

I love these cigars bro. I brought a box last year and it is all but gone damnit.... :laugh:

mmmm.. looks good.

I have always wanted to get my hand on an Olivia. They look top-notch.

Great review! I have a few of the Serie G perfectos on deck (thanks LedMizer!). Excited to see how they compare...

Every Oliva I've ever smoked has been great. I've never had this particular cigar in this vitola, but it looks interesting.

Thanks for the review, Greg!

I still haven't tried this CI special size. I've enjoyed many O perfectos but not the petite.

Thanks for the encouragement! :D Like I need urging!!

Those look Yummmmmy. I love the Oliva V Dbl. Robustos too.

Wonderful review with pictures and all. Spot on with my experiece with this vitola. Kinda nice when it smokes well and leaves you wanting more. I enjoyed this one and enjoy many in the Olivia line; I have a few figurado Special Ss waiting to be sacrificed.

I enjoyed a Serie O robusto last Thursday night. Really enjoyed it. It was well constructed, burned great, had a nice flavor to it. I can see me adding more of these in the future.

I have that same cigar sitting in my humi, after reading this, it might not be there for much longer.

Thanks for the great review. I do enjoy the Serie O. My favorite is the Double Toro Maduro. I hate to end the smoke. :thumbs:
'

This thread had inspired me. Went out and got a Torpedo last night at the B&M, sat outside smoking it while reading the NV DMV Drivers education book (man, dmv tests are hard...50 question licensing test? what the hell?).

Then sat around with my favorite UNLV cop while finishing the smoke, was great the whole way through, and gave me a good opportunity to catch up with a member of the local law enforcement!

Smoked mine yesterday, was really enjoyable. Ash held on for the duration of the entire smoke, I have to hand it to Oliva, everyone of their cigars has been the best constructed I've come across. Had a very rich taste for a medium smoke, spicy with hints of dark chocolate and a very mild nutty background to these more powerful tastes. Lasted around 40 mins, give or take 5-7 mins.

I'm not a big Oliva fan, but I'm thinking about getting a box of these, very good smokes.

I picked one of these out at the King Corona in Ybor, an excellent cigar. They had these on sale for less than $3 apiece. I don't know how you can beat that for value...

Thanks for the great review, the pictures brought back memories.

-Doug