• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Chili Pepper 2007

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been a good birthday with a sweet little note from the wife this morning and then my baby girl singing me Happy Birthday while home for lunch. Best present ever right there! Came home from work and decided I would put fire to one of the birthday sticks DeVonn (Amateuraficianado) sent last year this same time, an Opus X Chili Pepper 2007. This is one beautifully constructed cigar that felt really good in the hand with a good weight and very firm. The Rosado shade wrapper was smooth with one prominent vein running the length on the back of the cigar and noticeable oils glistened in the sun. I clipped the curved, pointed cap and fired up the tapered foot.

It took no time at all to get the fire going, however I had a hard time keeping it lit for the first several draws. The smoke coming through had a very rich flavor of wood and roasted nuts with a really good spice on the back of the tongue and throat. Delicious! The smoke itself was definitely a good medium body and left an incredibly good finish on the palate.

The burn was sharp with a toothy, medium gray ash that held strong. Smoke flowed well in the perfect draw with the medium to full bodied flavors really kicking in with rich woodiness, roasted nuts, a touch of leather and hints of vanilla. An incredible smoke to say the least. I have to admit, the cigar had power behind it and had my head swooning a good bit with each draw. Spice continued to come through, however not a powerful spice, but just the right amount with an excellent finish on the palate after exhaling.

I let the ash stay as long as it would, and it held well after the halfway mark. Once it did hit the floor, that was when the true power of this cigar came through. I’m guessing a huge amount of nicotine had concentrated or something as the closer I got to the end, the more I started sweating and feeling a strong buzz. Whoa was my head swimmin’! I finally put the nub down and made my way inside where I had to splash some cold water on my face and then go sit back in the recliner.

This Chili Pepper was one of the best Opus I’ve smoked to date. The burn, body, spice, and flavors all worked perfectly together with a finish that was just incredible. I really would like to have a few other of the Opus from one of the older fun boxes to try. Excellent smoke!

08-10-09OpusChiliPepper001.jpg

08-10-09OpusChiliPepper002.jpg

08-10-09OpusChiliPepper003.jpg

08-10-09OpusChiliPepper004.jpg

08-10-09OpusChiliPepper005.jpg

DSC09408.jpg

DSC09409.jpg

Happy birthday, Greg and excellent review as usual! This cigar is on my "list" and I'm sure it'll come around some day! I'm still getting stared at by my first Opus when I open my humidor.

Happy b-day Greg. Looks like it was a fantastic smoke... I bet the pictures don't even do it justice. I hope to be able to get my hands on some Opus sometime soon, and that'd be on the list for sure!

Excellent pics! Happy birthday and good call on the birthday smoke!

Nice review, but where's the toothpick shot?

Happy birthday brother!

Happy Birthday Greg!!!!! Them lil' chili peppers are cool smokes, thanks for the review and great pictures to go along. This just started my quest for a lil'chili.

That is one tasty looking cigar you got there. A well deserved cigar on your birthday. Cheers.

Outstanding review Greg, and as always great pictures! Happy belated, it's good to see it was a good one my friend. :)

Oh Em Gee. I am salivating looking at those pics... I don't even have to ask to know that you enjoyed your b-day!

Another great review. Looked like a great birthday smoke, sounds like a great day!

Happy Birthday Greg! Thanks for the wonderful review.