• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X virginity has been stolen.

Longdraw: no and I will get you a little something for the herf.

I figured it was pricey hut I just couldn't pass up trying one out. I know I could find them in the BST for less but I didn't want to wait and it was kind of a spur or the moment type thing.

Im not sure which it was, but it was delicious. I definately am ruined, I don't believe I can smoke any other stick after that amazing experience.

I paid around 30 for iy but i'm not sure what it was.

Definitely over paid for it. If you stick around long enough you will see them sold in the B/S/T section. Only Opus X that should be $30+ is the older stuff and CFCF cigars. A few other stuff that Prometheus has done. But the common line shouldn't be that high. Unless it was a Opus X A and its generally a 3 hour cigar.

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigars/opus-x-cigars/

There are over 12 Opus X cigars going for $30 and higher at this retailer above.........

Yes, and the longer you stick around here, you'll come to realize how silly it is to recommend a site selling Opus at that price.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=68186

Actually I recommended this site because they offer free cigars to troops on every order (see above) not because they have great deals on Opus. I guess the longer I stick around, I will realize that unless I can find Opus X cigars for rock bottom prices, there is nothing to really discuss on this site.

Stop referencing that site, you've been told to stop so WTF!

Why are you trying to stir shit up with comments like that, you're only digging your own grave.

Grow up or get out. :angry:

Actually I recommended this site because they offer free cigars to troops on every order (see above) not because they have great deals on Opus. I guess the longer I stick around, I will realize that unless I can find Opus X cigars for rock bottom prices, there is nothing to really discuss on this site.

Sorry fernious for this rant.

You seem to have nothing to discuss except for that retailer. For someone with over a hundred posts in a little over a month, you don't seem to mind what this site discusses.
ETA:
The sensible path here seems to be: Slow down, have a fine cigar, use whatever retailer you like, but understand that others have their reasons to not use that one.

Im not sure which it was, but it was delicious. I definately am ruined, I don't believe I can smoke any other stick after that amazing experience.

Definitely over paid for it. If you stick around long enough you will see them sold in the B/S/T section. Only Opus X that should be $30+ is the older stuff and CFCF cigars. A few other stuff that Prometheus has done. But the common line shouldn't be that high. Unless it was a Opus X A and its generally a 3 hour cigar.

There are over 12 Opus X cigars going for $30 and higher at this retailer above.........

Yes, and the longer you stick around here, you'll come to realize how silly it is to recommend a site selling Opus at that price.

While free cigars to troops is a fantastic thing, that doesn't make a retailer great/not great. There are several retailers that are members as well of CP. I know they do stuff for the troops and they don't charge 2X on anything. I don't have to have the rock bottom price on anything to purchase from a vendor, but I do need integrity, customer service and being able to interact with them almost daily ain't bad either. You've given under-informed/bad advice several times here. If you're just starting out, perhaps reading some of the information contained here rather than trying to impress people with what you think you know would be a better course of action. What ever you decide is up to you, obviously. But I can tell you if you drop the attitude you will quickly realize there is plenty to discuss on this site and interacting and meeting the people here is so very worth it.

. You've given under-informed/bad advice several times here.

such as?

I'm interested in a good cigar forum that isn't infested with old timers who bully newbies and act like internet toughguys................ ???

You might want to look at http://www.bestcigarprices.com/

The folks at Thompson also recommend using solution with their gel jars. What beads are you referring to?

I hear anal beads can be dangerous........ ???

Should I keep going?

Thecatch83 = instant thread derailment...nothing to see here

OP: Glad you enjoyed your first Opus X! I'm sure if you asked around here you could find a local shop with better prices or find a retailer that will work with you and ship what you are looking for.

Wow, impressive..........anal beads and gel humidification? That's the best you could find from over 100 posts?
facepalm.jpg

No, there's plenty more. If search wasn't constantly busted, I'd find some more for you.

Catch is trawlin. This reminds of an argument I had with dulaney22 over needlessly overpaying for cigars. He turned out great. Catch, the msrp on those opus is for the most part 10 to 14 bucks, the prices on that site are rape.

Catch is trawlin. This reminds of an argument I had with dulaney22 over needlessly overpaying for cigars. He turned out great. Catch, the msrp on those opus is for the most part 10 to 14 bucks, the prices on that site are rape.

But they send bottom of the barrel cigars to the troops, so it's okay. Never mind the fact that the vendors here on CP are trustworthy, don't gouge, and do just as much or more for the troops.

It's totally ok emoshun Iam getting a kick out of this whole thing. I plan on looking into testing out some more opus' in the near future and I think I'm going to do my research before my purchase.

I tried my first Opus ever this past week as well. The 16th was my b-day so I lit up an Opus that was gifted to me by a fellow member on here.

I must say, it was definitely strong. I certainly had a buzz when I was finished with it. The flavor was pretty good too, the second half of the cigar seemed much better than the first half.

I look forward to trying more of them in the future, figuring out which ones fit my taste, and which do not!

Yea the second half was much better. I loved how strong it was and the aroma was,amaing.

To quote Maynard, "Holy f**king shit." I guess I'm super late to the party where we all expose catch as an idiot toolbag! I gotta stop spending so much time away from here. I missed you bastards.

The first Opus I had was a No. 5. I said to myself, its smaller, so it won't be super strong. LOL. That cigar kicked my ass. I enjoy Power Rangers, but my favorite size is the Perfecxion X.

And $30 is steep. I have been gifted both a Lost City (thank you Loren) and a black label Forbidden (thank you Tony), and while both were quite awesome, I doubt I would have paid the asking price. I have yet to smoke an Opus X A though, and that along with a Masterpiece Maduro are on my list...

A good Opus X is tough to beat. Just ask Loren. I have a sick obsession with smoking these cigars as well, and while you can't smoke it...the cigar band design on these sticks is just amazing.

My first Opus was a xXx Power Ranger... It was HORRIBLE. Honestly, tasted no better than an RyJ Bully. With that said, my second Opus was a PL. That was great. Same with the Opus Love Affair. Those 2 restored my faith on Opus X and can't wait to smoke more!