• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Origen Belicoso

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s nice to see a crystal clear blue sky this morning, especially after several days of dreary cloudiness and rain. Still cool out though, 38F with the humidity right at 80%, can feel the dampness in the air. No worries as the hot coffee feels extra good going down and will hopefully go well with the Origen Belicoso I’ve brought out with me. From what I’ve read, this is the newest release from J. Fuego having a Brazilian Corojo wrapper, Costa Rican Corojo binder, and both Dominican and Nicaraguan filler. The cigar has excellent construction with medium brown color, a very noticeable oily sheen when held in the sunlight, and smallish veins throughout. It has a good weight in the hand, feels firm when squeezed, and after clipping the perfectly tapered cap, I find the resistance in the draw just right with taste of good, straightforward tobacco.

I put fire to the foot, which lights quite easily with plumes of bluish white smoke pouring from the forming embers. After several good puffs to get the smoke flowing, I let the cigar rest for a bit and then take a long draw. The spice that hits the back of the tongue and throat is spot on; however the smoke itself is to my palate medium to full strength, a bit powerful in the first draw. It has a full body that is somewhat light, yet coats the mouth with a slight oiliness. I’m getting a taste of light woodiness in the finish and roasted nuts, but overall it’s just really good, straightforward tobacco.

Through the first half, the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash that is loose, falling on its own the first inch. Spice continues to be just right with the smoke medium to full strength and flowing well through the perfect draw. It seems the sweet spot came in right around the halfway mark as the flavor was very rich with a dark, roasted nut taste along with a nice woodiness, the smoke smooth and creamy in the finish.

This was a really good cigar if I must say with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors and lasting finish. I would describe this cigar as a really solid smoke with a good bit of power in it, which is a good fit for my palate. I thoroughly enjoyed it and must give thanks to my Hawaiian bruddah Dave for the opportunity to try it out. Excellent smoke!

02-06-11OrigenBeli004.jpg

02-06-11OrigenBeli001.jpg

02-06-11OrigenBeli00.jpg

02-06-11OrigenBeli003.jpg

Thanks for the review, Greg. I was actually able to try these before they were released, and found it a good, solid, cigar. I think you nailed my impressions.

Good to see Dave whacked you too.

Nice!!! Enjoyed one today during the superbowl!

Glad you found it to be a solid smoke Greg! I first got handed an Origen lancero from Jesus when he came to Hawaii and smoked it that night, but since it was my second cigar I don't remember anything other than, "I have got to get me some more of this cigar!"

I like this cigar for an early afternoon smoke or for something to take the dogs out with.

Thanks for the review bruddah!

Dave