• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 6000 Maduro (2nd Review)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Slept in a little late this morning, didn’t swing my legs out the bed until a little after eight a.m. It kind of messes me up to sleep late as I really love right when the sky starts to lighten up and be out on the porch to watch the sun creep over the trees in the distance. Although the sun is already up as I step on the back porch, it’s still nice out with a cool breeze blowing. Cicadas are singing all in the trees, to me a rather soothing sound that makes me feel really relaxed. I picked out a Padron 6000 Maduro to have with my coffee this morning, not sure of the age on it, but I’m thinking it’s rather fresh as the cello doesn’t have much yellow tint to it.

This is definitely a maduro as the wrapper has a very dark brown color feeling coarse with slight oil, and a number of veins running throughout. It has a slight give when squeezed and is somewhat lumpy with a good weight in the hand. I clip the tapered cap and test the draw finding it with a little too much resistance, so clip a tad bit more off which does the trick as it opens up nicely. I can really describe the taste in the cold draw other than just plain old straightforward tobacco with a hint of sweetness to it.

Once lit, I take a number of quick puffs and then a long draw getting a nice little kick of mild peppery spice on the back of the tongue and throat. The smoke is cool and smooth over the palate, medium to almost full in strength, and exhaling slowly through mouth and nose it leaves a delicious, rich taste of strong black coffee, sweet cocoa, earth, and a bit of leather with a lasting finish.

The burn is sharp through the first third and into halfway with a light gray ash forming that is slightly flaky, but holds strong until tapped off. I’m finding the strength and spice both have picked up to right at full; the body is definitely full as well. Delicious smooth smoke is flowing in abundance through the perfect draw, flavors continuing to be ever so rich with the finish lasting.

Through the last half I can definitely say this was a full strength, full body cigar that had sharp burn, perfect draw, and very rich, delicious flavor that pleased the palate just right. The finish is amazing, lasting long after exhaling and making me want more even after I put it down; just an excellent smoke with coffee this morning.

08-08-10Padron6000M003.jpg

08-08-10Padron6000M001.jpg

08-08-10Padron6000M002.jpg

Good review Greg. I am glad to see the recent pick up with Padron reviews. :thumbs:

Greg, your review subject matter lately makes me think you're becoming a full-blown Padronawhore. I love it! Keep 'em coming.