• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Family Reserve 45 Years "The Little Hammer" (2nd Review

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
My good friend Jimmy (Jimmyhaze) smacked me really hard with a nice little bomb as of late and included this cigar, which I’ve really been looking forward to smoking. The first one I smoked was good, but not what I had expected being just straightforward tobacco flavor. This one as the first had impeccable construction with very dark wrapper, noticeable oil, and very little as far as veins. It had a hefty weight when held in the hand, very firm when squeezed, and after punching the cap I found the draw with perfect resistance tasting of sweet, rich tobacco.

Once lit, I take several puffs letting it sit a bit in between, and then with my first good draw get a medium to full peppery spice on the back of the tongue and throat with the smoke quite full from the start. Exhaling slowly through the mouth and nose, I get a strong tingling sensation in the nostrils and incredibly rich flavors on the palate tasting of coffee, sweetened dark cocoa, and woodsy leather. The finish is amazing, lasting long and delicious.

A third in and the strength continues to be full with the spiciness still medium to full and a bit peppery on the tongue. The burn is razor sharp with a flaky medium gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off, smoke is flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. Flavors are just fantastic, rich and creamy over the palate with tastes as previously described, dark and thick with a finish that just doesn’t stop.

Halfway and into the final third, the spice subsided just a bit yet the strength remained full with a heavy body. The burn continued to be sharp throughout with smoke flowing well through the perfect draw. Flavors remained rich and utterly delicious, lasting long on the palate well after exhaling. I have to say this was almost like a completely different cigar than the first one I tried, however I could still taste the meaty, straightforward tobacco in there. What an absolutely incredible smoke! Thank you so very much Jimmy for sending! Amazing cigar!

08-14-10PadronLilHammer003.jpg

08-14-10PadronLilHammer001.jpg

08-14-10PadronLilHammer002.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

CA's cigar of the year, If I'm not mistaken. Had my first at Uptown with Israel and the QSH gang.

Simply wonderful....perhaps the best Padron I've ever had...!!....:love:

Just smoke one today in my uncles name who past he will be missed.

Fantastic review my friend!! I had the pleasure of smoking one of these not too long ago... and I can't say this about every smoke in this price range but this one was worth every penny.

<3 Padron.

MOBIG...Sorry to hear about the passing of your uncle. My condolences. This is a fine cigar to remember him by.

Mo - my condolences on your uncle. A fine cigar to remember a family member with, to be sure.

Had one of these babys at a local cigar lounge yesterday. Expensive.....yes. But, they seem to be spot on, every time. Just an amazing smoke.....:thumbs:

I was gifted a Padron 45 by CRQuarto for my birthday in May and to date it was and is the best cigar I have had the pleasure to smoke.