• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Panacea Black Toro

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Ah yeah, the start of a three day July 4th weekend. Cool (71F), nice breeze, clear deep blue sky, just a beautiful morning. We have a big bag of fireworks ready for tomorrow, however it hasn’t rained in a good long while around here, and with temps being close to 100F every day things are extremely dry. We may forego the fireworks as one stray spark…uh, I’d rather not think about it.

I’m looking at a Panacea Black Toro with a dark Brazilian Maduro wrapper that’s coarse, oily, and has a couple of prominent veins running the length. It feels a little light in the hand, is very firm when squeezed, and with the cap punched (a little to one side :D ) I find the draw has just a small amount of resistance with straightforward tobacco taste.

The foot lit quite easily and in no time smoke was flowing effortlessly through the somewhat loose draw. I get a small amount of spiciness on the back of the tongue and throat that is really nice with notes of coffee, cinnamon, and a very good nuttiness. There’s a medium body to the smoke feeling really light over the palate, and once exhaled slowly leaves a very nice, sweet finish that is semi-lasting.

Mandy, my little bratwurst dog :laugh: lazily strolls up and flops down on the cool cement. Rotten she is. The cigar is performing perfectly with the burn sharp and a very dark ash forming that holds well. I’m finding the draw is just right for the medium-bodied smoke that is coming through in abundance. The Dominican/Nicaraguan filler and Dominican binder are all working extremely well with the sweet maduro wrapper. Delicious, rich flavor is in the smoke with a very nice, lasting finish on the palate.

Heading into the final third, the smoke has turned to a very smooth full body with the burn still sharp and the strong ash a dark gray. I read where one of the flavors was described as molasses, and I have to readily agree there is a sweet, dark, rich molasses taste to this smoke, with a possible hint of maple. A splash of spiciness continues to come through, hitting the back of the tongue and throat perfectly with a light, but delicious finish left lingering on the palate.

This was an excellent cigar IMO with sharp burn, strong ash, spot on draw, and rich deliciously sweet flavors with lasting finish. It was a perfect match with my morning coffee. Thank you Rod for the opportunity to sample such a fine cigar!

07-03-09PanaceaBlackToro001.jpg

07-03-09PanaceaBlackToro002.jpg

07-03-09PanaceaBlackToro003.jpg

Another great review, Greg! I've not had the maduro version of the black label Panacea, only the natural. I've been meaning to order another sampler, I guess I know what to try now! I still have one natural left that I was thinking of firing up, as when I first tried these they were young and while delicious, they became very harsh. Hopefully the next one is better after some time.:)

Great review. I hope you have a great holiday weekend and get to enjoy those fireworks!

Nice review Greg, my mouth was watering when I read it. Happy 4th of July bro!

Hey Greg, would you say these cigars are worth poppin' for a 5'er of? The cigar sounded interesting, I just don't know smack about the company. ???

Hey Greg, would you say these cigars are worth poppin' for a 5'er of? The cigar sounded interesting, I just don't know smack about the company. ???

I would buy a fiver of these in a heartbeat. Matter of fact... :whistling: :D

I think I may have to order a couple of their samplers sometime soon.... both the Black and Red label look and sound great!

I think I may have to order a couple of their samplers sometime soon.... both the Black and Red label look and sound great!

Yeah after reading that review, I bought the Toro Black and Robusto Red.

Great review of this cigar Greg. I remember the Red Panacea being reviewed recently, and now with the black..................you're getting my curiosity piqued :D

Gotta.....find.....more.....space :laugh:

Had the Black Torp today. I found it too mild for my tastes. Not enough flavor. Nothing offensive in this smoke, but I felt it was just smoke and nothing more. I have a few more Blacks, and will try again later.

Had the Black Torp today. I found it too mild for my tastes. Not enough flavor. Nothing offensive in this smoke, but I felt it was just smoke and nothing more. I have a few more Blacks, and will try again later.

I ordered one of there samplers and I think that the black torp was my favorite out of the bunch. Im smoking the red perfecto right now and I must say that I am really enjoying it. I am definitely going to look into grabbing a box.