• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas 150 A

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received this smoke in a trade some months back and was thrilled when I received it. Unfortunately, while digging through one of the loose stick boxes, I spied the wrapper had been damaged at some point, so decided I might as well go ahead and smoke it. Construction was good and no noticeable oil on the delicate wrapper. I went to punch the cap, however it cracked almost as soon as the blade touched it. I found the draw only slightly loose with taste of very old tobacco.

Once the foot was torched and burning good, I took my first draw and it was as if I drew mostly air, however a ton of smoke was produced. It was extremely mild, as if there were no smoke there and had a taste of very dry hay with a slight hint of toasted almonds. I continued on, hoping that there would be some sign of substance to come out of the smoke, however it continued to be extremely mild with the same dry hay taste.

I got approximately half way through and decided I needed to just put it down as I wasn’t enjoying it in the slightest. Decided I’d go grab a Johnny-O! to get a good dose of power and flavor. :)

I was quite disappointed in the Partagas 150 as there was just nothing there for me. I wish I had known prior to as this would’ve been a great smoke to give to someone that is just starting out.

12-19-08Partagas150A001.jpg

12-19-08Partagas150A002.jpg

12-19-08Partagas150A003.jpg

Thanks for the review man. My uncle and I had been looking at pulling the trigger on a fiver of these. Now that I know this we will not be.
Thanks!
B

I didn't know any of these were still around. I'd take an "A" just to say I smoked one. Sorry it didn't meet your expectations.

Interesting that you had this experience, Greg. I've never smoked a 150 A, but the reviews I've read never mentioned it was quite so mild. Perhaps this one went past its "sell by date"?

Interesting that you had this experience, Greg. I've never smoked a 150 A, but the reviews I've read never mentioned it was quite so mild. Perhaps this one went past its "sell by date"?

I really haven't read any other reviews on the 150. I thought it unusual that it was as mild as it was. It may have been bad storage prior to my getting it.

:laugh: :laugh: I like this review! And wouldn't you know it? I have a crap load of the 150's! ??? These are also one of the most delicate cigars I've ever seen. I don't remember a hay taste though. :laugh:

I pulled out the same cigar for the wake last month. I had a pretty similar experience. Just way too mild for us Pepin and boli whores Greg. :laugh:

I love em personally, but I've been leaning more and more towards milder cigars lately.

I agree with you on this one. I don't care much for the 150's or 160's. These are pretty hard to find and expensive, for the hunt and price they should be outstanding and they just aren't, maybe with some aging. I just saw these in a B&M two weeks ago while traveling, almost tried another one to see if they had improved, glad I went with the DP My Father lancero instead!