• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PARTAGAS 160 SIGNATURE SERIES

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Brand: PARTAGAS 160 SIGNATURE SERIES
Name: ROBUSTO MINOR
Origin: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Shape: ROBUSTO
Wrapper: CAMEROON
Binder: MEXICAN
Filler: DOMINICAN
Strength: MILD TO MEDIUM
Ring Gauge: 48
Length: 4.5

I was rummaging through the 'ol humi this afternoon in search of a smoke to try out and came across this Partagas. I purchased it along with several other fine smokes in the sampler sold at Arnold's Tobacco.

I headed out the door into the daylight and had a close look at the construction. Excellent shiny cameroon coat with some nice tooth. I clipped the head and pre-draw was perfect, not too tight nor too loose. After toasting the foot, I slowly put some fire to it using a stick of spanish cedar.

The first draw was very mild and smooth even though there was lots of smoke coming out. A couple more draws in and I was completely amazed when letting the smoke slowly drift from my nose. It tasted extremely close to an ISOM! I had to stop and take a look at this stick in my hand wondering if I had made a mistake of what I had lit up. Another draw and no mistake about it, the taste was dead on with the dark island flavor!

The first third of the stick was mostly towards the mild end, very smooth and full of creaminess. A wonderful flavor of wood and earth, possibly a little grass and cedar. Midway the smoke took on a slightly medium tone that was fantastic. The same flavors as before but with an enhanced richness. I was utterly amazed as I had not expected such an experience and had not planned to do a review, however after having pretty much nubbed this smoke, I had to write something down. I did get a couple of pictures (after smoking most of it).

This was a MOST enjoyable smoke full of flavor that I'm still enjoying. Unfortunately, the only negative I have is how much these cost (tear rolls down my cheek). Anyone know where I can get a threefer??? :laugh:

DSC05327.jpg

DSC05335.jpg

Treasure Hunt!

Excellent! You got the right link! So! You didn't think you would get out of this pass without homework did you?? :D In order to continue on, you must do a review of a cigar. Pics would be nice (I like the visuals), however not required. Don't do it from memory, go have a smoke and do the best you can on it. I'll give this a couple of days. Note: Send me a PM when you reach this, and I'll start a post "CPs Cigars 201-1 cigar reviews". Now go have a smoke! :D

If Mark doesn't have any, one of the local B&M's here has a box, $24.50er stick, though.

I'd be happy to pick some up for you.

Nice review / pics.

It tasted extremely close to an ISOM

As do many sticks...I'm sure Moki and Wilkey will chime in at some point about that comment...blind taste, nudge nudge, wink wink :laugh:

Brian

Mark at Towers have these for $14.99 a stick...not too shabby!

This is the first positive review i've read on the 160's. I'll have to see if i can find some. :thumbs: