• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Coronas Junior A/T AOR FEB07

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Review from 3/18/2010

I poured a dram of Ardberg Nam Beist, which I really don’t care for but figured since I paid for it, I’d better drink it, then grabbed the Partagas out the wineador and headed out the back door. It’s a rather dreary looking evening with a dull gray sky overhead, cool temperature, and not much wind, but still it feels nice out; at least more nice than freezing twenties and thirties.

The Partagas has a nice presentation starting with orange over silver aluminum tube. I slide the cigar out along with the almost paper thin cedar sleeve inside, and take a sniff of the cigar and foot finding a nicely cured tobacco smell. The wrapper is a medium brownish orange in color, doesn’t have much oil that I can see, and one prominent vein running the length. I squeeze the cigar between my thumb and index finger up and down the length to find what seems to be a very hard spot right under the band. After the cap is punched, I test the draw and find it is very tight with little airflow coming through.

Taking the cedar sleeve that came from the tube, I fold it up several times to get a good thick piece, and then use it to light the cigar. I roll the foot above the flame, round and round until its good and toasty, then with the flame still just underneath I take a few puffs. As mentioned the draw is very tight, however it opened up to almost perfect as soon as a few puffs were taken. With a good, long draw taken, I get a decent amount of white peppery spice on the tongue and throat, the smoke a good medium strength and smooth over the palate. Flavors are rich from the start with strong cedar wood, leather, citrus zest, a hint of cocoa, and a lasting finish. Deeelicious!

A third in and the burn is sharp enough with a dark gray ash forming in small layers. Medium strength smoke is flowing well enough in the still slightly over-resistant draw, and spice continues to hit the back of the tongue and throat. It takes no time at all to get through the halfway mark on this little smoke and then head on into the final third. At that point, it seems the draw wanted to tighten a bit more, so I began rolling the cigar between my fingers to see if I could loosen it up some, which worked quite well. Smoke began to flow easily enough and was in abundance, smooth and cool right to the end with rich flavor and lasting finish. Partagas is another one of my favorite flavor profiles, thoroughly enjoyable!

03-18-10PartagasCoronasJr003.jpg

03-18-10PartagasCoronasJr001.jpg

03-18-10PartagasCoronasJr002.jpg