• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie D No. 3 EL 2006

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I’ve been battling a pretty bad case of bronchitis the past couple of weeks. I’ve coughed so hard I ruptured my left ear drum and it feels as if I have broken ribs on both sides, definitely some rough stuff. Bill (Whopper) paid a visit yesterday and shared a 601 Blue Label Torpedo with me (not a bad cigar at all), and I lived through it. So, this morning I thought I’d attempt a review on a Partagas Serie D No. 3 EL 2006 that I received from John (Jfields) about a week or so ago, thank you my friend!

The dark brown wrapper was coarse with a couple of prominent veins and had a nice oily sheen. It had a slight give when squeezed and a good weight in the hand. I punched the cap and pre-draw was a little too resistant, so went ahead and used the Palio to make a short, clean cut. After torching the foot and blowing on the embers to get an even burn, I took a couple puffs and then a nice long draw that produced an ample amount of smoke. A perfect amount of spice came through with tastes of sweet roasted nuts, coffee, leather, and wood in the medium body smoke. There was a delicious saltiness on the lips and a very nice, long finish that was lasting on the palate.

The burn wanted to be off to one side at times, however with a little puffing and purging, corrected itself just fine. A medium gray ash formed that was slightly flaky, and I ashed the cigar about every half-inch. I didn’t find this cigar to have the complete typical Partagas profile, although there were slight hints of vanilla and a bit of that zest. There was more pronounced sweetness of roasted nuts and caramelized sugar in the finish with dark earth and a rich coffee flavor. Though, I believe drinking coffee with it may have played a small part in that.

Halfway in, the spice picked up slightly and the finish continued to be lasting. I found the strength to also kick up a notch to a medium-full, and the smoke itself smooth and cool with the flavors consistent. The burn continued to be a bit awry and finally required a touch-up near the end.

This was an excellent smoke with rich, dark, sweet flavors and an incredible finish. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you again John!

01-24-09PartagasSD3EL06001.jpg

01-24-09PartagasSD3EL06002.jpg

01-24-09PartagasSD3EL06003.jpg

01-24-09PartagasSD3EL06004.jpg

01-24-09PartagasSD3EL06005.jpg

01-24-09Imported065.jpg

Sorry to hear about your illness mate. Glad you could light up again, and what a cigar to celebrate your cold's demise with!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm a party whore and was wondering how these are coming along. I didn't want to smoke any of my small stash so I was waiting on someone else to provide info :D

Great review

Great review again Greg. Get well soon. The one that I smoked was fantastic as well.

Another great review Greg... I was wondering what was going on with you, not posting reviews for a while... I was going through withdrawls!

I have had a few of these. I didn't much care for them young, but they seem to be aging nicely... :thumbs:

I hope you are back to 100% soon...

Regards,

BT

I guess it's time to put them to fire. I've been sitting on this stick for a while.

Brian

I love the look on the kitty in the background.

As always, thanks for the review. I have the #4 but never hate one yet. Now I have something to compare it to.

Great review as always Greg! Can't wait to light the one that recently showed up at my house.

What a great review!! You're a poet...I'm torn between smoking it or just cuddle the stick. Get better soon. Thanks for the happy thoughts.

Awesome review Greg!
I'm glad you enjoyed this as much as I do. Thanks for doing this one for us, and I can't wait for the other ones. :thumbs:

Great review Greg! It looks like a very tasty smoke, and it makes me want to bust out my '08 No.5s.