• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie P No. 1 (Jar)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been a long week with it being month end at work, so was nice to sleep in a little this morning. After a good sausage and egg sandwich this morning, I mosey out on the porch to sit back, relax, and enjoy a nice smoke with a fresh brewed cup of coffee. It feels a bit cool out even though the temperature gauge shows 57F, the sky is a cloudy gray with a slight breeze blowing, had to go back in and put on a sweatshirt. Even my dog Mandy is at the door wanting in to go curl back up on her bed, getting old she is.

The Partagas Serie P No. 1 from the jar has good construction with a Rosado shade wrapper with one large patchwork vein running the length and smaller veins throughout. The binder underneath feels a bit bumpy, has a slight give when squeezed, and I find a couple of soft spots which isn’t enough to really hurt anything I don’t think. It has a good weight in the hand, and after clipping the cap I find the draw just right with a straightforward tobacco taste coming through.

I slowly light the cigar starting in the center of the foot, holding it for several seconds, and then start moving the flame in a circular motion outward to the edge. I then blow on the embers until I see orange throughout, then take several puffs to ensure a good, even burn is going. After letting it rest for a bit, I take a few more puffs and once smoke is flowing good, I take a long pull. There’s a medium spiciness that hits the back of the throat just right, the smoke itself is a good medium strength with a full body. True Partagas flavor hits the palate, rich and complex right from the start with tastes of strong cedar wood, earth, slight black licorice, and hints of citrus fruit that has a lasting finish after exhaling.

Through the first third and into halfway, the burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off. The spice and strength continue to be medium with the full bodied smoke flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. Flavors continue to be rich and quite complex with the finish lasting long on the palate. I just can’t put the cigar down for long as it is just that good!

I have to say this was one damn good smoke with sharp burn, perfect draw, tons of rich and complex smoke with a lasting finish. One would be tempted to put fire to another as soon as the first one is gone! What an excellent smoke with coffee on a lazy Saturday morning, hope everyone has a great weekend!

03-05-11PartagasSP1003.jpg

03-05-11PartagasSP1001.jpg

03-05-11PartagasSP1002.jpg

Nice Greg....as I look at the two foot of snow pack outside I long for the warm spring air and a nice smoke on the deck.

Once again great review.

Nice review with great pics. She sure was a pretty thing.

Nice review. I totally concur...this truly is an amazing cigar. Blows away the P2 IMHO.

Thanks for the great review Greg. I've been waiting for a good time to put mine to the fire! Maybe this weekend.

I heard only good things about this cigar,great review as always.
I have one single on the way, cant wait to try it myself.

Thanks for the review and pics.

Thanks for reviewing this one, Greg.

That's sure a purty one. It sounds like you really enjoyed it, too!