• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Tres Petit Corona 1998

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received this little smoke in Secret Santa ’08 from my SS #2, Pepe (thank you sir). This little smoke seemed perfect for a nice morning cigar with coffee, so grabbed it up and headed out back. The cigar had a slight give when squeezed and had no hard spots at all, the wrapper a pale, medium brown with a small patchwork of veins and no noticeable oil. With the cap carefully punched, I find the draw to have just a hair over resistance, but definitely still good air flow coming through.

After torching the foot and a nice burn going, my first draw was very mild. Not even a hint of spice, which I usually get out of a Partagas. I was however, getting good Partagas flavor through of vanilla, toasted nuts, and a nice orange zest. There was also a very good finish lingering on the palate that lasted well.

The burn was good with a strong ash forming that was both dark gray and almost black in color. Very nice rings were forming in the ash from each draw taken. I’d say around the halfway mark a hint of that Partagas spiciness appeared and was very good on the back of the throat. This spice enhanced the delicious flavors as described before and left an incredibly tasty finish lingering on the palate after exhaling.

I’d have to say the best of this cigar was in the final third where the body was a good medium with the spice hitting perfectly. Flavors were outstanding, making me wish there was more left to the little smoke, however end it did. I thoroughly enjoyed this little smoke with my coffee this morning. I wouldn’t mind having a few boxes of these babies, but alas that’s not meant to be as they’ve been discontinued since 2001.

Muchas Gracias Pepe! Excellent little smoke!

04-19-09PartagasTresPC001.jpg

04-19-09PartagasTresPC002.jpg

DSC02700.jpg

You ever smoke any Punch Petit Punch Greg? I really enjoy those as a quick but flavorful smoke. This one sounded just as flavorful for a little guy.

You ever smoke any Punch Petit Punch Greg? I really enjoy those as a quick but flavorful smoke. This one sounded just as flavorful for a little guy.

Actually, the Punch Petit Punch happens to be one of my first box purchases. Fantastic little smokes!