• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Picture missing from posts.

jbfurdog

Some pics are not showing up, there are placeholders with a red X. Anyone else notice this lately or is it just me? A good place to look is the Today's smoke 2017 thread.

It seems KB is linking to the pictures incorrectly. I just looked at the actual picture URL, and it's incorrect.

Typically it's operator error. I know from personal experience!

Speaking of photos how do you minimize a photo that keeps on posting large.

Photoshop and other tools allow you to reduce the size of photos before posting them. But I'll be the first to admit that I'm too lazy to do that and just post whatever the default resolution is on my phone.

I usually use thumbnail when I post pics for that reason.
I should add that I'm usually posting pics from my phone so I have the thumbnail option there. I don't see that option from my computer.

I'm glad this went on and on before someone said they could see the images.

Rod or other "gurus", what am I doing wrong? I'm right clicking on the images after I upload them and copy the address it's giving me. I realize it's not pointing to a "JPG", but I thought maybe that was a CP thing.

I'm glad this went on and on before someone said they could see the images.

Rod or other "gurus", what am I doing wrong? I'm right clicking on the images after I upload them and copy the address it's giving me. I realize it's not pointing to a "JPG", but I thought maybe that was a CP thing.
If you're trying to attach a picture from your Media, just click on the "Media Gallery Embed" icon on the tool bar, it looks like a camera. Then click the image you want to add and it will put the "code" in your editor window at the current cursor position.
PM me if you need more help.