• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-Embargo Cubans

LOL. I thought his spelling was good, but grammar was bad. I thought he meant his friend saw hiw throw away every bad cigar he smoked.

How does the Camacho Liberty compare? I like Camcho but if Pinar is nog good...

Someone just gave me a Christmas sampler special of "Camacho Pre-Embargo Collection 1962" containing 3 cigars 6x40. The box cover reads Pre-Embargo Cuban Cigars. . . the box back reads made in Dominican Republic. The first one I tried along with a 12 year old Dewars was a damned good smoke. What's up with that?

Someone just gave me a Christmas sampler special of "Camacho Pre-Embargo Collection 1962" containing 3 cigars 6x40. The box cover reads Pre-Embargo Cuban Cigars. . . the box back reads made in Dominican Republic. The first one I tried along with a 12 year old Dewars was a damned good smoke. What's up with that?

Winning!

:thumbs:

...naah. Too easy.... ;)

That blend of .1% Cuban pre embargo tobacco dust is absolutely stunning in its complexity. :p

What is important was that it was a nice gift, and you enjoyed it!

The Camacho Pre-Embargo is made up of 1/3 pre-embargo cuban tobacco filler and is indeed an excellent smoke.

powrightint128617759117548938.jpg

Rod - please add an IP ban to any member from Albuquerque New Mexico who joined on June 14th, 2011.

More boobs, less noobs! ;) :p

Ha! Now the shoes in the other court and Kirk is on to other people. How's it feel now suckers!?

The Camacho Pre-Embargo is made up of 1/3 pre-embargo cuban tobacco filler and is indeed an excellent smoke.

Back to the thread topic....

That is an interesting claim - is that information from a Camacho source, JDriver77?

I can't address the amount of pre-embargo tobacco, and honestly I think the "pre-ban" is a gimmick, but those Camachos have smoked well for me in the past. Good flavor profile, good construction, etc.

I still have a coffin. If an established member is interested in doing an unbiased review, shoot me a PM.

That is an interesting claim - is that information from a Camacho source, JDriver77?
I've had several in my possession and was always curious as to how much of the cigar actually consists of "pre-embargo cuban tobacco". 1/3 pops up the most in online retailers, reviews and forums as being the ideal blend. Regardless, something stunning is hiding in this particular Camacho, smoke one and you'll see what we mean.

I've had several in my possession and was always curious as to how much of the cigar actually consists of "pre-embargo cuban tobacco". 1/3 pops up the most in online retailers, reviews and forums as being the ideal blend. Regardless, something stunning is hiding in this particular Camacho, smoke one and you'll see what we mean.

Does it taste of seafood?

"This is the first unfinished foot and pigtailed cap cigar that I have had to date.I was beyond nervous as I made the initial cut on the cap but it was quick and clean I sort of toasted the unfinished foot and while lighting it I got a awesome taste of what I can only describe as crab boil or a good seafood/Creole spice."

So this tobacco is from before February 7, 1962 or earlier than that? Interesting I must seek these out, as this has to be a best kept secret.