• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Premium+ Virtual Pass

Its odd to put aside the CC for CC and NC for NC hat, I have to look twice at everything.

Take: Illusione ~F9~ (8.00) Put: PSD4 '10 (8.00)
Good

Take: Padron Anny SI-15 (18.50) Put: LG Small Batch #4 (18.57)
The LG falls into that category of , "do we use box pricing"on an expensive 105ct box? If so, the price drops fairly far under(~$16.7x at Serious/Smoke Inn). If not, kosher. Up to the Wizard.
I didn't look up production number to compare the two.

Take: Cohiba Robusto (15.00) Put: Padron Imperial (14.80)
The Padron looks to me like an overput(CoRos coming in at $13.36 averaged from 3 reasonable sources).Again, up to the Wizard.

Must sleep....

Having done no research, these pass the gut instinct check.

Its odd to put aside the CC for CC and NC for NC hat, I have to look twice at everything.
I have to agree that it is strange... but I also like it. I often trade NC's for CC's, and CC's aren't any harder to get then some NC's. I think a god smoke is a good smoke regardless of where it comes from.

that being said...

The second put doesn't bother me, as there are probably not that many people who would buy that whole box, but like you said its up to the big guy.

But I would have to agree with Joe that the third pick is an overput. The CoRo's are not quite that expensive.

I dont come in for a day and I miss this ! Dammmmmmm it !

No place for a guy late to the party ?

Take: Illusione ~F9~ (8.00) Put: PSD4 '10 (8.00)
:thumbs:

Take: Padron Anny SI-15 (18.50) Put: LG Small Batch #4 (18.57)
I don't mind this, it may be a tad of a over put, based on box price divided by 105, but I think if you box a box of them, you're crazy, so :thumbs:

Take: Cohiba Robusto (15.00) Put: Padron Imperial (14.80) Natural or Maduro?
I didn't set a floor/ceiling on puts, I'd rather worry if it feels right, other than a stated price range. Obviously, no sticks under $8, and obviously you couldn't trade a Cohiba Robusto ($13ish) for a PSD4 ($8 ish).

That being said I do think the Padron Imperial is a tad high for the CoRo, but if Louich were in, a CoRo to him would cost him like $30-$50 in country. The last one isn't a huge issue, if you feel like putting something of lesser value that's, cool. If you feel like taking something of more value, cool. If you feel like leaving it how it is, cool.

On another note, I see these passes sometimes get crazy serious, and I'm here to have some fun. If it were a traditional pass, my panties may be in a knot, if someone had 40-50 of my sticks in their hands, but for now, I'm here to have some fun and enjoy some conversation.

Does anyone have a different view on it? I'd love your opinions! I'm not going to swing the pass master hammer, this is a group affair, after all it is also your cigars.

Looks good.

One way to look at the NC for CC thing is that we often trade cigars that we have limited access to. Casa Fuente, for instance, never seems to run out of Casa Fuente cigars, but I think I consider them not just expensive, but with some rarity too, as I have limited access to them. CC's are sort of the same in my brain. I have limited, or at least more difficult access to them, so all command a tiny bit of rarity.

I didn't set a floor/ceiling on puts, I'd rather worry if it feels right.

On another note, I see these passes sometimes get crazy serious, and I'm here to have some fun. If it were a traditional pass, my panties may be in a knot, if someone had 40-50 of my sticks in their hands, but for now, I'm here to have some fun and enjoy

I am really happy to hear you say that I haven't been in a ton of passes but of the ones Ive been in there have been ones more lax and others more strict. I see the reason for being strict and I do agree with it, but at the same time if your dealing with high end smokes I think trying to obtain an exact trade value can be exceedingly hard. It also seems to take some fun out of it. Now I feel I should say this, there is a point where it becomes too far apart like you example with the psd4 and the CoRo, but I personally would rather see someone get a chance to enjoy a smoke they have been wishing for than nail them to the cross over a dollar. That's just me.

Looks good.

One way to look at the NC for CC thing is that we often trade cigars that we have limited access to. Casa Fuente, for instance, never seems to run out of Casa Fuente cigars, but I think I consider them not just expensive, but with some rarity too, as I have limited access to them. CC's are sort of the same in my brain. I have limited, or at least more difficult access to them, so all command a tiny bit of rarity.

This is a very good point IMHO as well

Looks good.

I agree with this. My put should have had some rarity. If my put were a $13.50 Opus, that would be a better choice. I will not take the CoRo. And will take another look at the list this evening when I get home.

I think the overput on price makes up for it. I was just responding to Joebunagas post as general conversation. I think your P/T's are all good, Cultured Hick.

I think the overput on price makes up for it. I was just responding to Joebunagas post as general conversation. I think your P/T's are all good, Cultured Hick.

Agreed, I think you're good with those 3, do you have anything else to propose?

Nope, all done here. I will package my cigars with the return label inside and post a DC# later today.

I appreciate all the comments and letting me play. Passes are alot of fun and always a learning experience for me. I like the virtural pass idea as it saves money, time and the hosts risk is alot less than with a traditional pass. I did miss opening the big box of cigars and enjoying the wonderful aroma . :laugh:

Sounds good brotha'! :thumbs:

That makes thechenman at bat and Joebunaga on deck!

My pleasure Simon, welcome aboard!!!

If Paul has vouched for you, you're good with me! He'll show you the steps, rules, everything you need to know you handle the next one on your own!

Nope, all done here. I will package my cigars with the return label inside and post a DC# later today.

I appreciate all the comments and letting me play. Passes are alot of fun and always a learning experience for me. I like the virtural pass idea as it saves money, time and the hosts risk is alot less than with a traditional pass. I did miss opening the big box of cigars and enjoying the wonderful aroma . :laugh:

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0110 7584 69
I will put this in tomorrow's mail.

Alan

Well this stared quick...lol I had a busy weekend with a very large Bbq here at my house but am loving the start to this pass. Nice work Alan!

Paul

Good thing I jumped on today. Wasn't expecting quite this much in one weekend.

Tell me about it... I was surprised at how quickly this got going.

Okay gentlemen...sorry about the weekend wait. Here are my propose P/Ts.

Put: Litto Gomez Small Batch No. 3 - $18.60 (Emerson's)
Take: Padron SI-15 - $18.50 (Smoke Inn)
*Note: Just out of curiosity...any idea if this is the Natural or Maduro version?

Put: Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero - $7.65 (New Havana)
Take: Tatuaje HCS - $7.14 (Holt's)
*Note: As the vitola was not stated, I'm assuming the HCS is a robusto - if not, please let me know.

Put: Tatuaje Little Boris - $9.00 (Corona Cigar)
Take: Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin - $8.00 (Gloucester Street)

Put: Tatuaje Outlaw 2009 -$11.00 (Outlaw)
Take: Tatuaje TAA 2011 - $10.00 (Birmingham Cigars)

Please let me know what you guys think of these proposals. Thanks guys...