• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Premium+ Virtual Pass

P/Ts V2

T:FFOX Pussycat 8.75 P:Monte Petit Edmundo AT 9.20
T:Fuente Anejo 77 10.25 P:FFOX Robusto 12.00
T:H. Upmann Mag 48 EL 2009 10.29 P:Cohiba IV 12.44
T:Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig 12.00 P:Tat Wolfman 13.00
T:Little Boris 9.00 P:2005 GOF Robusto 10.00
T:Tat Anarchy 10.00 P:Illusione Singulare 2012 10.25

Looks good to me Joe! Great work brother.

Paul

Ill give my thumbs up. Version 2.0 looks good, Joe.

Joe, you're good :thumbs: Send 'em on their way!

Jim (Yojimbo) you're up, with Acclaym up next!

P.S. The Tatuaje Little Boris a Corona Cigar Exclusive was sold for $79.95 for 10, or $8 a stick.

The combo was what got me on the Boris. Exclusive one time release, and only 5k produced. I figured price was the most flexible and really was trying to find something I had that fit into that 5k niche. Best I had was 7.5k production run that was only about a dollar more, so I tossed out the GOF to up the age and rarity. Good learning experience either way, thanks for having me!

Oh Joe I'm not beating ya' up, I wasn't referring to your put, I was just letting everyone know who is interested in the Little Boris!

Thanks again for your participation and your speedy replies!

Also...as an aside...I just wanted to mention that it does seem odd to do NC for CC trades. Please don't misunderstand my statement, I'm not complaining at all. wkoti was kind enough to run this pass, and it is his pass to run as he sees fit. The only reason I bring this up is that IMHO, it corrupts the inherent balance of a pass that contains both NCs and CCs. By balance I mean the NC-to-CC ratio. In this instance, there is no rule to preclude those whose turn comes earlier in the pass to eventually swap out all the CCs for NCs, thereby leaving those that follow later in the pass no CC options to trade for. And of course, vice versa. I'm not saying that will happen, or that even those whose turn comes later in the pass would even care, but it just seems fair to allow all participants to have access, and the option to trade for both NCs and CCs if they so choose, if both types of cigars are included in the initial pass list. Just my $0.02...others are of course free to disagree.

You are going to find that NC/CC is a fairly common practice in most higher end passes on here. Just read through any of Phil's passes, or mine for that matter. You'll notice in our passes that there are almost more CC's at the end of the pass then there were at the start. When hosting a higher end pass, you know that most of the people invited into the pass have a decent collection of good cigars, including CC's and premium NC's, so it's not a huge concern that someone is going to grab all the CC's. Also, you reach a point where premium cigars are just that, regardless of origin. Outside of being possibly harder to obtain, there isn't a huge difference between premium NC's and CC's.

Secondly, and his is just my .02, and please do not feel like I'm talking down to anyone....In a pass called Premium+, you guys are nit picking puts/takes over .50-1.00 here and there. Why? This isn't a newbie pass. Passes should be fun, and all that does is create unnecessary stress. If you're trying to match up exact pricing on premium+ cigars, you're in for a nearly impossible task. You're talking about cigars that pricing varies widely based on where you buy them, the taxes associated with an area, the amount available, store mark up, etc. Then when you get into age and rarity, etc. your just going to spend all your time debating every little detail. Know your cigars, and you should be able to look at the put/take and know if it's kosher or not. There are times I would gladly trade a $15-20 cigar available to me at any time, for a $10 cigar I can't normally get my hands on.

Lastly, if you have to worry about someone in your pass being a jackass and taking all the CC's or trying to screw you over on a put/take.....they shouldn't be in your pass. Trust you instincts, trust your pass participants, trust your host, and most of all enjoy the pass and hope you can get your hands on some cigars you can't normally get.

Nope, all done here. I will package my cigars with the return label inside and post a DC# later today.

I appreciate all the comments and letting me play. Passes are alot of fun and always a learning experience for me. I like the virtural pass idea as it saves money, time and the hosts risk is alot less than with a traditional pass. I did miss opening the big box of cigars and enjoying the wonderful aroma . :laugh:

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0110 7584 69
I will put this in tomorrow's mail.

Alan

Here is the CORRECT DC# 9405 5036 9930 0110 7854 69

I guess I had one too may stouts when I posted the first DC# :laugh:

P/Ts V2

T:FFOX Pussycat 8.75 P:Monte Petit Edmundo AT 9.20
T:Fuente Anejo 77 10.25 P:FFOX Robusto 12.00
T:H. Upmann Mag 48 EL 2009 10.29 P:Cohiba IV 12.44
T:Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig 12.00 P:Tat Wolfman 13.00
T:Little Boris 9.00 P:2005 GOF Robusto 10.00
T:Tat Anarchy 10.00 P:Illusione Singulare 2012 10.25

Just to see other guys thoughts on this I was wondering why the Boris didn't fly with the explination Joe gave. He was lucky enought to score a $20+ cigar that he states he got for $10. The boris is a $8 or $9 cigar Why not let this trade in and keep the GOF savings going to the next guy! Keep it as the $10 cigar that Joe paid. This is why we all Love CP for the opertunity of savings like Joe has here.

Paul

To me I would have let it go as a good trade and you all know i want to get my hands on some Little Boris!

Alright, after speaking with many many people, I've come up with a verdict. Thank you all for your input!

I didn't start this pass to cause drama or nit picking, so I'll try to be much more lax on the rules, no reason to ruin the spirit of the pass. So that being said, there will be no ceiling, but the floor remains, if you chose to trade a cigar for a cigar of higher value, so be it, not a big deal, you made the decision and you're comfortable with the difference.

I'm not here to profit and hope you all realized that's the reason for my nit picking on price. As for the NC for CC rule, it's still in effect. As Sneeds said, if someone in this pass is enough of a jerk to try to wipe out the list to be greedy, they shouldn't be here and will be removed from the pass on account of asshattery!

I'm confident in you fine BoTLs and I'm sure you are all looking out for everyones best interest. Let's make this a good experience, passes are supposed to be a fun, and meant to share the wealth! So let's all have some fun, I think all the rules that are needed at this moment have been addressed, hopefully this continues nice and smoothly.

All this being said Joe, if you still want the Little Boris/GoF trade, have at it brotha'

LOL, I already dropped it in the mail, I left the DC in my truck(which I'll post when I have a chance to run back out there and grab it).

Most of us are still new to this. We all want to do the right thing and are hyperalert to doing anything wrong.
Sneeds and CJ (and Gavin in his pass) are giving us good advice when it comes to loosening up and enjoying the experience.

Lets keep this thing rolling!

Overputting does not bother me, I like the freedom it brings. We just keep in mind as we are looking out for everyones best interests, if we grossly overput, the guys at the end of the pass will no longer have a list of cigars that start at $8.00. They may be much higher.

Just a thought.

I hope everyone understands that I wasn't not picking as well. I was just trying to help a brother out. I wasn't sure if he thought that was the price of that stick. Like I said in my post I would love for that be in the pass, but I didn't want him to undervalue his stuff. I have already said I like the lax rules and think it will be a good pass because of them. I trust everyone completely, I just wanted to try and do the right thing. I think some of us, myself included, are struggling with the lax rules because we are relative newbs and the passes we have participated in have all been pretty strict. That being said this will be my last post on this subject, much more about the smokes and the pass!

I'll have my cigars in the mail tomorrow wkoti.

As far as the pass goes, while I'm not expert on this matter, I think it safe to say that all passes are different, and they should be a reflection of the pass host who in a virtual pass, may not have his cigars at risk, but is taking the time to monitor, supervise, ship and evaluate. It is the hosts pass and should be run as he/she sees fit according to the parameters they set. If the host wishes to change said parameters down the line, that is fine as well. Everyone signs up wanting to participate, but no one is obligated too, and they can take a flyer at will.

That said...as reflected in Bsneed's commentary, I don't think we generally have asshats like that in the CP community that make it far enough to participate in most passes. Their usually outed by that point. Still, I would think that prudence dictates that planning for different eventualities is necessary, IMHO that's a given. And wkoti had his plan in place. Please not that my commentary was not meant to be criticism, as that is not my place. In terms of P/Ts, wkoti has left things up for discussion amongst the participants, which I think is great since there are so many varying insights and opinions that are brought into play. It's a fantastic learning experience, and I think we're all mature enough to not take offense, or get defensive over differences of opinion. At the same time I would take no issue with wkoti being the final arbiter as well. Again...it's his pass and he should be able to run it as he sees fit. So far, so good I think.

I'll have some puts and takes up tonite gents. Sorry for the delay, I've spent the past 3 days up to my elbows in a Nissan sentra that HAS to be running by tomorrow morning. Haha.

LOL, I just left work early to dive into my engine as well.

Sorry CJ, meant to post this yesterday: