• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Price Check

MNBrian

image.jpeg Went into the LCDH in BA and dang, they seemed to have seen me coming from a mile away.

Am I missing something here?

The total for these two sticks was $54. Even for a Minnesotan this seems steep? For the Anejados line (MC and RyJ) they were charging $35 a stick.

And that PsD4 looks like a normal PSD4 to me? The secondary band seems to be an importing band for Argentina... Am I wrong?

It does look like a tax strip but not sure. $35 per for the anejados is steep but better to try a single then buy a whole box in case you don't like them.

I would say that a fair price to pay for those 2 sticks would be around $34 but I do not know how bad the taxes are in Argentina. The MC Anejados are about $21 a piece.

Anytime you buy them at a B&M they are going to be a lot more expensive. Taxes, VAT and business expenses drive the prices up. That price seems fair for getting them at a B&M esp for single stick prices.

You smoke them yet? Did you get lucky and come across any Rare or ages smokes?

Anytime you buy them at a B&M they are going to be a lot more expensive. Taxes, VAT and business expenses drive the prices up. That price seems fair for getting them at a B&M esp for single stick prices.

You smoke them yet? Did you get lucky and come across any Rare or ages smokes?

Nothing in the LCDH. They had about 10 open boxes that you could buy singles from and the rest were box only prices. And I was very disappointed with their attitude towards me. They were treating me like I knew less than Jon Snow. ;)

Heading to a local tobacco shop tomorrow. I checked it out tonight and saw they had a mix of legit sticks and fakes. Prices were more what I was expecting for the real sticks. More in tow 10-20 range. i may risk it and buy a few singles there to try. If any pass the taste test, I'll bring a few home for myself only.

Nothing in the LCDH. They had about 10 open boxes that you could buy singles from and the rest were box only prices. And I was very disappointed with their attitude towards me. They were treating me like I knew less than Jon Snow. ;)

Heading to a local tobacco shop tomorrow. I checked it out tonight and saw they had a mix of legit sticks and fakes. Prices were more what I was expecting for the real sticks. More in tow 10-20 range. i may risk it and buy a few singles there to try. If any pass the taste test, I'll bring a few home for myself only.
Don't mix them with your regular stock if there is any chance of them being fake. That's how you get beetle problems!

Just curious, how did you know that some were fake and real? Did they have them in separate places with different prices or something?

Just curious, how did you know that some were fake and real? Did they have them in separate places with different prices or something?

Well the cohibas were said to be from this year but lacked the hologram Indian head, and the boxes at the top of the label were mis-cut on half the sticks. They had an LE that didn't exist. And some of the colors of the labels were off. They'd have a darker MC label next to a lighter one, both with the gold sparkly (well one was more an attempt at the gold sparkly) symbol.

And most had the secondary import bands, but all the secondary import bands at the LCDH were crystal clear where some at this shop had duplicate overlay ghosted lettering that looked suspect.

More than half the boxes looked reasonable, but the other ones? Certainly they looked curious.

Also I think they had an Anejados that wasn't ever released.

Well the cohibas were said to be from this year but lacked the hologram Indian head, and the boxes at the top of the label were mis-cut on half the sticks. They had an LE that didn't exist. And some of the colors of the labels were off. They'd have a darker MC label next to a lighter one, both with the gold sparkly (well one was more an attempt at the gold sparkly) symbol.

And most had the secondary import bands, but all the secondary import bands at the LCDH were crystal clear where some at this shop had duplicate overlay ghosted lettering that looked suspect.

More than half the boxes looked reasonable, but the other ones? Certainly they looked curious.

Also I think they had an Anejados that wasn't ever released.
Wow, based on that, I don't think I would have bought anything myself lol

Yeah I would stay away from any place I know is selling fakes. I wouldn't even buy the legit stuff.

Yeah. The more I think about it the less like it. I may have built up high hopes, but I'm not giving up quite yet. I'll try a few more shops in hopes of finding a good place.

Wow, based on that, I don't think I would have bought anything myself lol
Oh and to clarify I didn't buy anything. The two above are from the LCDH. I went to the second place just to see if the prices were more in the range I had expected.

LCDH's sell fakes?! Aren't they authorized dealers of Cuba or are they just a international private chain store?

image.jpeg image.jpeg Well I may have hit pay dirt. Today I scoured 4 more stores and finally arrived at a Davidoff store that had average to high prices and I didn't see any of the same big red flashing warning lights. After digging through a few boxes and dancing around the topic of whether I knew anything at all about Cuban cigars, I finally spotted something interesting. A partial box of Cohiba lanceros. The bands check in at between 1970-1993 and the box code seemed to be 92, but I've never seen a box that old so I couldn't be sure. Also found some MDo2's and picked up a few trinidads for a taste test.

If everything smokes like I think a Cuban should, I may buy 5 of those lanceros and bring them home. Either that or I just blew 40 bucks on another learning experience. ;)

What's the box code on those Cohibas?

If they really are from 92 they are worth way more than $40 each.