• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Price Check

View attachment 13267

The streets of Argentina are downtrodden today. Last night Kara and I heard literal screams as the Copa concluded. :( poor Messi. And I ALMOST bought a Messi jersey before returning to the hotel... C will say it's because I wanted them to win. ;)

Wyatt and Michael are right. Great experience. Worth the money.
Your sports curse continues! The whole world, except for Chile thought Argerntiba was going to win.

Great thread. Hope you are having fun, it sure seems like you are.

BTW I was taking Chile.

Glad you and Kara are enjoying yourselves. It's amazing seeing a country from the perspective you were able to.

View attachment 13220 View attachment 13219 Well I may have hit pay dirt. Today I scoured 4 more stores and finally arrived at a Davidoff store that had average to high prices and I didn't see any of the same big red flashing warning lights. After digging through a few boxes and dancing around the topic of whether I knew anything at all about Cuban cigars, I finally spotted something interesting. A partial box of Cohiba lanceros. The bands check in at between 1970-1993 and the box code seemed to be 92, but I've never seen a box that old so I couldn't be sure. Also found some MDo2's and picked up a few trinidads for a taste test.

If everything smokes like I think a Cuban should, I may buy 5 of those lanceros and bring them home. Either that or I just blew 40 bucks on another learning experience. ;)
Was just thinking about these again and it dawned on me to ask. Did the box have the pre-2000 letter only box code?

Good read. It's fun and good experience to search the local stores to see what's out there. Every LCDH I've ever been in has been pricey but I can't say I've ever suspected them of selling fakes and they've all been well stocked. When traveling I always bring my own sticks so when I go into a store, more times than not its a LCDH, I look for 1 or 2 things that I can't get from my usual vendors and expect to pay more for them than their original release.

Is South America as well stocked with glass top Cubans as the Cribean and Mexico? Enjoy your tip.

Ok so are they selling fakes or not I mean I stumbled across a store In Ba they have some of the cigars I want can someone pm me O need to ask some questions.

Ok so are they selling fakes or not I mean I stumbled across a store In Ba they have some of the cigars I want can someone pm me O need to ask some questions.
Are they part of Pacific Cigar Co distribution? If so, they're legit. Habanos lists PCC as the official distribution for Cubans in Australia.

If by BA you mean Buenos Aires - it probably depends on the store. All in all I brought about 30 sticks back from BA to try. I found a pair of cohiba lancero's that tasted fake to me but they were also supposedly 15 years old and I hadn't had enough experience at the time to be confident in my palate. The 10 sticks from the LCDH were expensive but legitimate. A few non-LCDH stores seemed to carry some fakes (bands didn't match box codes and they looked a bit questionable) but even this might not be right because they could have dumped new sticks into an older box. I didn't bother to buy any. Of the sticks I bought (all which were quarantined in a separate humidor) I've made it through most of them and can say they tasted legitimate to me, but again I could have just gotten lucky or it's possible I'm just dead wrong.

The only non-LCDH I really walked away trusting was Tabaqueria Inglesa. If you're near there, give it a try for yourself, but who knows.

Yeah I mean Buenos Aires, I looked over forums tabak inglesias sells genuines as far as what I have read.
thier was another purohabano but I just recieved a email stating they are selling fakes.

Yeah I mean Buenos Aires, I looked over forums tabak inglesias sells genuines as far as what I have read.
thier was another purohabano but I just recieved a email stating they are selling fakes.
Stick to la casa del Habano

Good luck. Let me know how it goes!

Edited to add: Just stay away from the Cambio Cambio dealers... :)

whats the cambio cambio ?

Money traders yell "cambio, cambio" on the streets to try to get you to exchange US dollars for Argentinian Pesos illegally. They'll give you a better rate than current exchange. Sometimes they'll just rob you. Other times they'll give you fake bills. It's loads of fun. If you want a party, just follow someone into a back alley to exchange wads of US dollars and see what happens! :)