• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Rare Corojo Magnum

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
In the words of Monty Python, “Now for something completely different.” After getting in my comfortable after work clothes (sweat shorts, plain t-shirt), I reached in the good ‘ol desktop and grabbed a Punch Rare Corojo that my buddy Charles (CRQuarto) gifted me. After removing the cello, I find a medium to dark colored wrapper with noticeable oil and minimal veins. The cigar is box shaped, firm, and somewhat light in the hand. I punch the cap, find the draw to be very good with a perfect amount of resistance, and a taste of citrus in the cold draw.

With fire to the foot, I take a couple few puffs and then a long draw, which reveals a very mild smoke to my palate, not much by way of spice. Taste is that of cocoa, toasted nuts, and a bit of woodiness with a decent enough finish that is semi-lasting. There may be a little cinnamon in there as well. Not all too bad.

The burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming that holds strong until knocked off. I said the draw was very good, however I’m wondering if it might have a little too much resistance, or it’s just that the smoke itself is actually quite mild. I think it’s just the smoke is that mild. Flavors are consistent on through most of the cigar, nothing spectacular, but still pretty good nonetheless.

This was a decent enough cigar with sharp burn, spot on draw, good flavors, and decent finish. It was however, too mild for my palate. I would say this would be a good cigar for someone just getting into smoking, or someone that just likes mild smokes. Thanks again Charles for the opportunity to give this cigar a go.

06-10-09PunchRareCorojo001.jpg

06-10-09PunchRareCorojo002.jpg

06-10-09PunchRareCorojo003.jpg

This cigars is good, but if you can find one with several years of age on it (4 or more) they actually turn into some pretty spectacular cigars.

Greg, great review, as always! It was my pleasure to be able to see how my tastes compare to yours! I'm glad you enjoyed the cigar, though I had hoped that to would have enjoyed it more. As is always said though, taste is subjective! I honestly feel that you will enjoy the second more, I feel perhaps this one may have been an off one, then again though you do love strong cigars! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read your take on one of my favorite go to smokes. Enjoy the rest of your week my friend and I look forward to your next review! :)

Thanks for the review. You pretty much nailed exactly what I was thinking about the Rare Corojo. I liked it, but just wished it was a tad stronger. Good smoke, though, and it won't break the bank.

Given some time..these smokes really come around...for the price.

I bought 2 boxes of Rothchildes when I first started smoking. The next years batch wasn't as tasty.
It took a couple years for them to produce a cigar up to the 2004/2005 standards(thos were NICE!).

This smaller size is a favorite...as it's tasty and a short smoke!

This cigars is good, but if you can find one with several years of age on it (4 or more) they actually turn into some pretty spectacular cigars.

I purchased a fiver a while back and didn't care for them at all. ("ack" :( )

Maybe I'll try another fiver and throw them in the cooler and forget them for a few years and see how they turn out.

Mine had a metallic taste to it.
Age them for years seems to be the consensus here. I will have to do that.