• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question re: Padron 90th and storing tubes...

Danforz

All,

I got my hands on some Padron 90th Anniversary cigars. I purchased four of them and they came in tubes.

For the last week, I have been storing the tubes closed in my humidor. Today, I decided to inspect the contents and was pleasantly surprised. They look like they've aged for quite a bit. The cellophane has a very strong yellowish tinge to it. As such, my questions:

(1) These cigars are brand new but their cellophane looks like it's been aged 8 years. Why?
(2) How do you recommend storing these cigars? Currently, I have them in the humidor with the tube top off.

Daniel

They are new to you but how long have they been sitting in the shop/warehouse.
Pretty much personal preference how to store them, in the tubes, out of the tubes , loosen the top a bit.

I was disappointed with the presentation of this cigar. First of all why cello and why no cedar inside the tube. Otherwise they are an awesome cigar. Long term storage with these should be as is, no need to take out of tube or loosen the top IMHO. Just smoked one of these the other night and did not disappoint.

Don't over think it, if you are more comfortable with the cap off go for it! Cello off or cello on that is the question?

Cello on if you rotate your cigars as it saves damage from handling.
I have a small humi with my "nice" stuff in it that has the cello off but I rarely handle them except when taking one out for maneuvers.
Other than that, All mine are in their boxes which are in my cooladors and the singles are in cello.

Last edited:
One more note, glass tubes sealed with wax ends don't need anything but temp control.

Cello on if you rotate your cigars as it saves damage from handling.
I have a small humi with my "nice" stuff in it that has the cello off but I rarely handle them except when taking one out for maneuvers.
Other than that, All mine are in their boxes which are in my cooladors and the singles are in cello.
Over handling your stuff in public is frowned upon! In the privacy of your house handle to your heart's content!

Bunch of newbies. I rotate my sticks once per full moon cycle, always face them north by northwest, and use the plastic sleeves from my wife's white owls to age and infuse each stick with a hint of vanilla aroma.

:D :D :D

I'm with brick house. I store everything as it arrives.

I was disappointed with the presentation of this cigar. First of all why cello and why no cedar inside the tube. Otherwise they are an awesome cigar. Long term storage with these should be as is, no need to take out of tube or loosen the top IMHO. Just smoked one of these the other night and did not disappoint.

Cello on, always. I think it is objectively more safe.

I thought someone at the store had played a joke in me when I purchased my first one. Ill-fitting cello at that, such a weird way to package a nice stick.