• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
My little girl and wife both have been sick with a really bad cold for several days now, and this morning I got up with signs that I’m now coming down with it; stuffy nose, scratchy throat, headache. I was hoping I wouldn’t get it, the wife and I usually try quarantine ourselves if one of us gets sick so the other doesn’t get it, however I can’t help but love on my baby girl.

After sipping on some coffee and taking a few Ibuprofen, I am feeling much better so decide I might better try and get a cigar in while I’m still feeling up to it. I’ve a feeling I won’t be smoking the next few/several days. I grab a Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra that has a dull, light brown wrapper that is quite smooth, somewhat oily, and has one small vein running the length. It is light in the hand, has several hard spots, and with the cap punched I find the draw is tight with a minimal amount of air flowing through. Taste in the cold draw is slightly musty tobacco.

The cigar lights easily enough and taking a very slow, long draw I get a good amount of smoke through even though the draw is overly tight. There’s a perfect white pepper spice on the back of the throat with the smoke a good medium in body, and the flavor coming through is really good with notes of sweet hay, toasted nuts, and a light woodiness. Actually, this is really, really good.

It’s an absolutely beautiful morning with the temperature gauge reading 69.7F, however the humidity is high at 75%, but doesn’t feel it. There’s a breeze blowing that feels wonderfully cool and relaxing while enjoying this cigar with a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The burn is sharp with a dark gray ash forming that falls off easily while sitting the cigar in the ashtray. There’s noticeable tooth in the ash as well. It seems the draw is wanting to tighten up even more the further in I get, however taking a very slow, long draw produces enough smoke to enjoy the delicious flavors coming through.

Hitting the halfway mark, the draw actually opens up to a perfect resistance and ample amounts of smoke pours through effortlessly. White pepper spice is still hitting the back of the throat with flavors remaining consistent as previously described. The finish is quite long, lasting on the palate well after exhaling slowly through the mouth and nose. I’m thoroughly enjoying this cigar.

This cigar performed perfectly all the way to the end with sharp burn, delicious flavor, and excellent finish on the palate. I know these have sold fairly cheap as of late, however I didn’t grab any and am now wishing I had. I think it was mainly the 99 – 01 years so wasn’t too sure about most probably being plugged. If the draw is good, these are excellent smokes!

07-19-09RGCE001.jpg

07-19-09RGCE002.jpg

07-19-09RGCE003.jpg

These are excellent smokes. I had one a couple of weeks back and it really hit the spot