• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos Exclusivo Asia Pacífico 2009

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos Exclusivo Asia Pacífico 2009
[SIZE=11pt]6 1/8 x 46 (Britanica)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I woke up early this morning, right around 5:30 a.m.  It’s still dark outside, but not to bad temp wise being right around 61F.  After brewing a fresh cup of coffee, I pack up everything needed and head outside with the RA RE that Tall Paul was very kind enough to send.  Again, thank you brother![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As the puppies play at my feet, and Tinker (cat) stares glaringly at me from the top porch step, I begin to inspect the cigar.  From looking around on the internet, I found where this vitola is being called Britanica with the flanged inward foot.  It has a Colorado shade wrapper with a few patchwork veins; however it is quite smooth and glistens in the light.  As I run the cigar under my nose, and give the foot a sniff or two, I get somewhat barnyard smell and just really good, straightforward tobacco.  I punch the cap with my Swiss Army, test the draw and it is spot on with perfect air flow.  Taste in the cold draw is of very musty tobacco.  After toasting the foot for a bit, and then blowing on the embers to ensure a uniform burn, I take a couple puffs, and then let it rest for a bit.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]My first good draw seems rather mild on the palate with a slight sweetness to it, the smoke having a light mouth feel and semi-long finish.  I take some quick puffs, and sit it down and let some ash form, then take another long draw after a bit.  Now it’s opening up as the smoke has a little more strength to it with only a slight bit of pepper.  I let the smoke flow slowly out both my mouth and nose at the same time, which always gives me the most flavors.  What I taste is definite woodiness at first, that of cedar I think, and a bit of leather with mustiness at the end.  There’s a good bit of white pepper in the nose that tingles a bit, the finish still seeming to be semi long on the palate. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The sun is finally starting to creep its way up, lighting up the morning sky, and a slight breeze is starting that could possibly mean a windy day.  I certainly hope not as we plan to take out the pontoon, first time this year.  My pups are over to the side play fighting with each other, birds singing all around; simply a beautiful morning.  Two huge geese fly right over the house and land in the field behind me.  I guess they spotted the small pond over there.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I’m about a third into the cigar and have to say am thoroughly enjoying it.  The draw continues to be perfect with just the right amount of smoke flowing through.  There’s a perfect burn with a medium to dark gray ash forming.  Flavors continue to be that of wood, leather, and also a very nice cocoa in the mix.  I would even go so far as to say a bit of citrus notes are in there somewhere.  It has some strength to it, but I wouldn’t say this is a full-bodied cigar, at least not to my palate, but there is some nice pepper on the tongue and in the nose, a perfect amount for me.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]This cigar pairs really well with my Colombian coffee, delicious it is!  About halfway in and the draw suddenly wants to close up right at the tip and use my teeth to squeeze it, which opens it up.  I unfortunately don’t have a cutter as my only one fell apart last week, otherwise I would clip a bit off the head, which I know would open it right up.  But, the teeth squeezing is working just fine.  Around the halfway mark, I find the strength is picking up slightly, but still I wouldn’t say it’s full.  Flavors are consistent; however the finish is becoming a bit longer on the palate.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Two mocking birds have decided to land each on opposite sides of the back yard, and have commenced to singing to one another.  A pair of doves have also decided to land in the driveway, which Daisy (female mini schnauzer) is not happy with at all and starts barking like mad at them.  Of course, they ignore her.  The sun is now up and over the trees, and that slight breeze has gotten a bit stronger.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I decide to attempt putting my cutter back together well enough to clip the head, and it does work well enough to do so.  This really opens the draw up and tons of smoke flows through quite easily.  The flavors are still that of wood, leather, and cocoa with that musty note in the finish, which isn’t bad at all in my opinion.  What I’m really enjoying also is the smell in the air from the burning cigar, which has a fresh baked bread aroma.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As I finish up the cigar, I have to let it rest a bit and then take a small, easy draw or else it gets a bit hot.  The strength has finally hit full towards the end, and I’m getting the same flavors as before with a bit of charred wood in the now short finish.  I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar with perfect draw and excellent flavor.  Again, many thanks to Paul for such generosity, and giving me the opportunity to smoke such a fine cigar.  Thanks brother![/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]One star left...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

Another awesome review, Greg!

These cigars have really rounded into form in the last six months, at least for my palate. Only a handful left now and finding a box is next to impossible.

Thanks for a fun read!

I am glad you enjoyed it brother! Great review I love how we'll you can paint a picture for us with the way you tell the story. Great pics as always!

Paul
Gern Blansten said:
These cigars have really rounded into form in the last six months, at least for my palate. Only a handful left now and finding a box is next to impossible.
I'm looking forward to having another now since it's been about a year since I lit one. I'm in the same boat with about 8 left... :(

What a great way to start your day. Thank you for sharing your picturesque surroundings and nice review.

HE'S BACK! 
CigarMartiniKitten.gif

Thanks for sharing, man your reviews on here have been missed! Excellent description man.

I just smoked a RA Eminencia Suiza release from '07 (thankyou, you know who you are) in honor of my wife's birthday. Odd though, no cocoa. :p Now you'd think a cigar made for the Swiss market would have at least a hint of chocolate. :whistling:

Doc

Devil Doc said:
I just smoked a RA Eminencia Suiza release from '07 (thankyou, you know who you are) in honor of my wife's birthday. Odd though, no cocoa. :p Now you'd think a cigar made for the Swiss market would have at least a hint of chocolate. :whistling:

Doc

Now Doc you know Ramon Allones is known for it's snickers bar characteristics.  :laugh: