• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Eminencia RE 2007 (Switzerland)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s a scorcher today, right at 90F on the back porch with little to no breeze at all. My baby girl just fell asleep in the living room, so I snuck out to come have a smoke and enjoy the nice hot day. I actually went around to my favorite spot under the walnut tree, as it’s always cooler there, however mosquitoes were swarming all around so came on back to the porch.

The RA Eminencia I picked out is actually the 2nd release, the first having come out in 2005. Shame I don’t have one of those, but this 2007 will do just fine. ;) The wrapper is golden brown, rather coarse with a number of veins running throughout, and only has a small amount of oiliness that I can see. It has a good bit of sponginess when squeezed, a good weight in the hand, and with the cap punched I find the draw to be perfect with a taste of straightforward sweet tobacco.

I put fire to the foot and can immediately tell from just the first couple of puffs this is going to be a good one. A perfect cinnamon type spice hits the back of the throat in the initial draw. There are familiar flavors coming through that are typical Ramon Allones, charred wood that of a sweet mesquite with tastes of rich cocoa and a citrus zest.

The burn is sharp with a strong medium gray ash forming in layers from each draw taken. It seems to be a bit flaky, with pieces falling here and there. I find the smoke itself a good medium in body and flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw with a nice complexity of rich flavors as previously described. Exhaling through the mouth, the finish is long and incredible making me cluck my tongue, so very rich.

Heading into the second half, the smooth and creamy smoke turned to a good full body with the spice continuing to hit the back of the throat perfectly. Flavors remained consistent as well as the sharp burn and strong ash. The finish is simply incredible on the palate, lasting well after exhaling. Whew it sure is hot out here!

What an incredible rich and creamy smoke with flavors somewhat complex and utterly delicious with a lasting finish that kept me smacking my lips. I’m definitely very curious as to how the OR of this vitola is smoking. Fantastic smoke!

06-19-09RAEminencia001.jpg

06-19-09RAEminencia002.jpg

06-19-09RAEminencia003.jpg

And the master has reviewed again! Every time I think this has to be the most exclusive cigar you have smoked, yet every time I can't believe what wonderful cigar you have picked for the latest review. And every time I'm just drooling over my keyboard. Next time I will get a bucket or a deep dish before I read one of your reviews. :angry: :D

As always, Great review and pictures.