• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Specially Selected 2005

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s a beautiful day for Thanksgiving with little wind and plenty of sunshine. Got the bird in the oven around 9:00 a.m. and the house is smelling really good. With plenty of time before the feast, I decided to go out and fire up this RASS from ’05.

The wrapper was a dark chocolate brown and coarse with veins throughout. It was light in the hand and very little give when squeezed. I punched the cap and the draw was a little on the loose side, but not too bad and had a sweet cocoa taste in the cold draw. After firing up the foot and getting a good burn going, I took a draw and was blown away from the full strength of the cigar. Very powerful with a huge amount of black pepper spice. The flavor was a dark, sweet chocolate and notes of worn leather.

After several draws in, the spice backed off however the strength remained very full. I had to take sips of this smoke it was so strong. The chocolate flavor continued with an almond finish, notes of leather continued as well. The burn was excellent throughout and the ash held for about an inch and a half before falling, revealing a very black binder ash inside. This cigar produced tons of smoke.

I very much enjoyed this cigar as I like them strong and “dark”. This is definitely not one for first timers IMHO.

11-27-08RASS05001.jpg

11-27-08RASS05002.jpg

11-27-08RASS05003.jpg

11-27-08RASS05004.jpg

11-27-08RASS05005.jpg

Nice review, I burned a one from 07 myself today.

Brian

Awesome review, nice looking smoke. I have one left in my humi and I cannot bring myself to put a flame to the foot.

I absolutely love the RASS. I've been smoking '05's as well (I believe some came from you actually) and couldn't agree with you more. These are smoking fantastic, strong & rich, yet balanced and fresh. One of my absolute favorite robustos.

Thanks for the great review. Happy Thanksgiving.

An excellent cigar and another solid review. The RASS is a favorite of mine precisely for the characteristics you cited.

Wilkey

I can't wait for that RASS, Kingantz.

Good review as always.

Greg, I'm so glad you posted this review and as always beautiful pics.

Now I can't wait to fire one up and see for myself.

Nice pics. That cigar's appearance has a lot of character.

Unfortunately, I've never seen the light on the RASS. I've got a couple left. I'll have to pull one out and see if this has changed for me.

And TFTR!

Nice review! The RASS was one of my first, and still one of my favorite, CCs.

I'd heard age did amazing things for them, but I've never had enough at one time to hold out that long. :whistling:

~Boar

I just finished one of these same sticks Greg reviewed and oh yeah... this thing knocked me on my behind.

Definitely the fullest body CC I've smoked to date... but the flavor is oh so good :)

Nice review, one of my favorites in the robusto size. I have some 04's that are very tasty right now, going to age them some more and see how they develop.