• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

REAL CUBANS TO BE HAD IN PANAMA CITY, FL

Cheekie

Yeah fuggers, I am still around!
Yeap, in the world where yuca is only frozen. Plantains are rarely seen...There is a small little shop, which is owned by a lovely lady named Lissette ( ah, a gloriously latin name ) she has a thick accent... AND A MEAN CUBAN SAMMICH! ( Wooot )
*malta* materva* jupina* ironbeer* WoooooHO!
Real Coladas and REAL LIVE EMPANADAS ( you miami brothers understand )
I was excited to the point of tears and so eager to share I bought E's partners in Paintball Crime lunch and hand delivered to the field! Nuthin' funnier than watching a brave ( yet obscenly stupid ) white guy guzzle down several shots of colada!

I have yet to experience real Cuban food as there is nat a single place around here to get it. Someday me and the missus will have to take a trip to Miami.

Never had any Cuban food but want to try it. Right now all I get is the cigars and Cubita coffee, which is fantastic. I guess what I DO have isn't sooo bad though. At this point, I would not mind trying a good Cuban woman too. :D

Never had any Cuban food but want to try it. Right now all I get is the cigars and Cubita coffee, which is fantastic. I guess what I DO have isn't sooo bad though. At this point, I would not mind trying a good Cuban woman too. :D
There's a really good cuban place in Irvine if you ever go up that far. I'll try to dig it up but I think it was on Red Hill.

There's a really good cuban place in Irvine if you ever go up that far. I'll try to dig it up but I think it was on Red Hill.

My Brother lives in Irvine. Maybe we will check it out next time I go down there.

Thanks.

After seeing/reading your recent posts/reviews on some of those aged boxes of ISOMS, I'd say that's an understatement brother. :laugh:

And...I'll tell you first hand....good Cuban women are a thing every brother should try at least once in their lifetime. :D

Oh there we go talking about Cuban food again, this topic always gets me craving it. Time to hit Los Cubanos this weekend.

:cool:

Oh there we go talking about Cuban food again, this topic always gets me craving it. Time to hit Los Cubanos this weekend.

You just need to get out to Miami brother...

Trust me ...... I'm working on it :laugh:

Just had lunch from Sophie's here in Midtown Manahttan...WOW....had me two of them Cuban sandwiches with green hot sauce and a couple of empanada de pollo....wow was that stuff good!!!!! Next time your in town Alan, Sophie's on me!

editied...cuz I can't type for nuttin'

You just need to get out to Miami brother...

Trust me ...... I'm working on it :laugh:

Just had lunch from Sophie's here in Midtown Manahttan...WOW....had me two of them Cuban sandwiches with green hot sauce and a couple of empanada de pollo....wow was that stuff good!!!!! Next time your in town Alan, Sophie's on me!

Anytime I'm up in NYC (and area), I usually make it a point to hit Las Palmas over on Bergenline Road in Jersey. Absolutely outstanding Cuban place, excellent food and service.

MMMMMMMM.... cuban sandwhiches. Most places don't use cuban bread for their sandwhiches. I don't know how many times I've ordered a cuban sandwhich and received it on french bread. lol Almost impossible to find authentic cuban bread. If anyone knows where I can get some shipped let me know.

When I lived in Key West as a lad I use to run a paper route which had me up and at em around 4am. There was this bakery down on White Street called Malina's (Sp?) that would fill the air with the wonderful smell of fresh baked cuban bread. My brother and I would take a stick of butter from the house (my mother hated when we did that) and buy a loaf of the bread still piping hot... rip the bread open and slap the butter in it..... oh yea, that was some great stuff.

Other childhood memories in Key West..... Turtle soup, Conch fritters, Black beans and rice w/picadilla, Palimino steak smothered in key lime juice and onions.... ahhhh, the memories.

I have never had authentic cuban food but I am glad I didn't read this post till just now. At least I will be able to go home and eat something, lol.

I'll need to look this place up. I'll be in Manhattan in the next week or two and I could eat some good cuban food.

Sophie's again today...lol

Emanade de carne
y
Papa rellena
y
Masitas de puerco con arroz

There's a great shop in Tampa by Ybor city that makes great Cuban sammiches.

There's a couple of good Cuban places here in Vegas. The Havana Grill is one of my favorites.

Sophie's again today...lol

Emanade de carne
y
Papa rellena
y
Masitas de puerco con arroz

y no cafe despues? no flan? no tres leches?

sounds good though... :D

Nah...that stuff is just not so ggod delivered....has to be sit down for cafe despues otherwise it just ain't no good....

Ah, you didn't mention it was delivery. Can't really be certain how that will hold up like that, though I have had great Cuban delivery before. David's (Cuban) on South Beach here does great delivery.

As for cafe....I'll take it standing up, sitting down, whatever. In fact, when I go to most of my haunts around town (Versailles, Carretta, and just about any bodega you can imagine), everyone orders at the outdoor window, then stands around, smoking, drinking, talking, etc. It's wonderful.

MMMMMMMM.... cuban sandwhiches. Most places don't use cuban bread for their sandwhiches. I don't know how many times I've ordered a cuban sandwhich and received it on french bread. lol Almost impossible to find authentic cuban bread. If anyone knows where I can get some shipped let me know.

When I lived in Key West as a lad I use to run a paper route which had me up and at em around 4am. There was this bakery down on White Street called Malina's (Sp?) that would fill the air with the wonderful smell of fresh baked cuban bread. My brother and I would take a stick of butter from the house (my mother hated when we did that) and buy a loaf of the bread still piping hot... rip the bread open and slap the butter in it..... oh yea, that was some great stuff.

Other childhood memories in Key West..... Turtle soup, Conch fritters, Black beans and rice w/picadilla, Palimino steak smothered in key lime juice and onions.... ahhhh, the memories.
Now I understand why you are so laid back.