• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Researchers use a synthetic 'tongue' to sort out whiskies

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
Thank you science, not that I needed you to know good whiskey from bad, but thanks anyway :cool:.

Whiskies may differ in taste and smell, but they are so similar in chemical composition that most analyses can't tell two closely related brews apart. In the journal Chem on June 8, researchers introduce an artificial sensor array or "tongue" that can detect whether two nearly identical whisky samples are a match. The sensor arrays can also identify some of the whiskies' key qualities, such as malt status, age, and country of origin.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-06-synthetic-tongue-whiskies.html#jCp

The country of origin line got me laughing as I remembered this joke.

"There was a duck hunter slashing through the marshes bagging duck after duck.

A game warden who had been watching for a while decided to check out his license.

He walks up to the man, takes his bag of ducks and removes one.

He sticks his finger up the ducks butt sniffs it and says, "This here is an Oregon duck. Do you have Oregon hunting license?"

The hunter produces the license.

He removes another duck sticks his finger in it's butt and sniffs it. "This here is a Minnesota duck do you have Minnesota license?"

The man produces the license.

This goes on about two times more. Each time the man produces the correct license.

A little out done the game warden looks at the hunter and says, "Where you from boy?"

The duck hunter relies, "You the smart one, you tell me", and drops his pants...."