• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel “Patel Bros” Coronas

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I debated on having a smoke this morning due to it being forty degrees outside and with the humidity 75%, it feels even colder. However, I put on some warm clothes and decided it’d be okay, and actually turned out rather nice. Thanks to Al and Rocky Patel for the cigar I’m putting fire to this morning, which is the RP Patel Bros Coronas. I have a look at the band first, which seems a little “busy”, however I do like the colors. It has the initials NP at the bottom of the band, which I’m thinking to begin with Nicaraguan Puro, however after a little research I find these initials stand for Rocky’s brother, Nimesh Patel, who worked with Rocky to produce this cigar.

The wrapper is a seriously impressive looking Pennsylvania broadleaf, very darky and oily with small veins running throughout. It feels rough, like fine sandpaper, making me think there’s a good bit of tooth in the leaf with very little give when squeezing the cigar. Holding it under the nose, I detect a bit of a barnyard smell, and sniffing the foot a sweet and sour tobacco smell with what seems like a hint of cocoa. I punch the cap, test the draw, and find it has perfect resistance. The flavor in the cold draw is not exactly what I expected, and the best way I can think of describing it is that of lacquer. I’m curious to see what others think of this taste.

In no time the foot is lit and a good burn going with the initial smoke coming from the fire having a very good aroma. I take short quick puffs until there’s a good quarter inch of ash and huge volumes of smoke is coming through, the draw actually opens up becoming a little more loose than I like. My first good draw has a fairly strong white pepper spice on the throat that burns my nostrils as I let a small amount escape through my nose. Actually made my eyes water a little. The smoke itself is a good medium to almost full strength with a mild to medium body. Flavors are delicious and rich, tastes of semi-sweet dark chocolate come through with hints of earth, worn leather and cinnamon.

The burn is slightly uneven through the first third, however no major issues. A mottled dark and light gray ash is forming that is somewhat flaky, holding strong until tapped off. The white pepper spice is still there, however has mellowed to a perfect amount with the smoke itself continuing to be a good medium to full strength. I’m thoroughly enjoying the very rich flavors coming through. There’s a delicious citrus twang as I exhale slowly from the mouth and nose with a very good finish left on the palate, however it’s somewhat short.

Through the halfway mark and final third, the cigar performed well with sharp burn, perfect draw, and rich, delicious flavors that hit my palate spot on. I will go so far as to say this is not one of, but the best Rocky Patel cigar I’ve smoked to date. The price point on these I’ve found are right around the $5 mark, and I can definitely see picking up a box or two of these. Again, thanks to Al (PuffStuff) and Rocky for the opportunity to sample this excellent cigar!

11-07-09RPPatelBros001.jpg

11-07-09RPPatelBros002.jpg

11-07-09RPPatelBros003.jpg

That wrapper looks so good in the pictures. Rocky seems to be coming out with newer sticks that people actually like. I wonder if he had a change of heart; being the Walmart of cigars doesn't necessarily make you the best. Great review Greg! :thumbs:

I had one of these in the Robusto size a few days ago, and I found it to be a good smoke, though not as good as you did. I'll have to smoke another one, methinks. :D Great review as always Greg!

I had one of these in the Robusto size a few days ago, and I found it to be a good smoke, though not as good as you did. I'll have to smoke another one, methinks.
biggrin.gif
Great review as always Greg!

Smoking a Robusto now, courtesy Moneymaker. You can get these sticks for $4.20 each in a fiver from Famous, so it is a good deal. Love the voluminous smoke; tastes good. Burn is a little ragged and I had to relight once. Worth four bucks for sure.