• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta Hermoso No. 2 2004 EL

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After an absolutely fun day of hanging outside at the pool with the wife and baby girl, I decided to head around to the walnut tree for some relaxation with an RYJ Hermoso No. 2 I’ve had for a little while now. The wrapper on the cigar is a Rosado shade and very coarse with not much by way of oils. There was a slight give when squeezed until reaching the band where I felt a rock hard spot. I punched the cap and sure enough, plugged. Dang!!

I went ahead and lit it up and tried take a few draws to hopefully loosen the draw some, however it was a no go. I went ahead and used my draw tool and the cigar did open up, however all that did was create a huge tunneling effect from that point on. I puffed and puffed trying to get decent smoke out of this thing, however it just wasn’t having it. What smoke I did get seemed rather mild and didn’t really have the RYJ profile. It was still not bad in flavor though.

I tried to get through as much of this cigar as I could, however there just wasn’t much happening. I went to chuck it, however thought maybe I could flatten the cigar out to close up the tunnel and maybe get it to smoke good. So, flatten it I did and got a number of cracks in the wrapper, however after taking a couple of puffs, the draw wasn’t half bad.

There was a good spice coming from the now smoking cigar and very good wood and roasted nut flavors. I kept wanting to find that RYJ profile in there somewhere, but just couldn’t pull it out. The finish was decent and lasting on the palate.

I have to say I was fairly disappointed with this smoke in both draw and flavor. I was hoping for much more, but ya just can’t win em all! :D

04-27-09RYJHermoso2001.jpg

04-27-09RYJHermoso2002.jpg

04-27-09RYJHermoso2003.jpg

04-27-09RYJHermoso2004.jpg