• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta Museum Edition

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received a couple of these from Art (mrrt), thank you sir, and have been letting them sit for a while. The wife and baby girl decided to go out and play for a little bit, although it’s 95F and 50% humidity, so thought I would go sit and watch while putting fire to one of these. The glass tube is frost white with a gold metal cap, and inside is an artwork print from Charles Fazzino. Here is a snippet I found online:

"For art connoisseurs, the Romeo y Julieta Museum Edition adds to their collection a limited edition giclee print by famed 3-D artist Charles Fazzino. Specially commissioned for the series by Altadis USA, each print, positioned inside the lid of a beautiful handmade humidor, is signed and numbered by the artist. Printed on 100 percent rag museum board and paper, the images of the prints are meticulously cut, assembled and embellished by hand, making each piece unique."

The cigar itself is a gorgeous chocolate brown with smooth, oily Criollo 98 Rosado wrapper and small veins throughout. It’s rather hefty in the hand, has a bit of sponginess when squeezed, and with the well made cap punched I find a perfect resistance in the draw with a taste of very good tobacco.

In no time I have the foot burning well and first draw reveals a very mild smoke with nothing by way of spice. The smoke is very smooth and what seems to me to be buttery on the palate with tastes of rich chocolate and cedar wood. The burn is sharp with a mottled light and gray ash forming.

About an inch or so in, my little girl brings a green twig with some sort of bug that looks like a leaf, so I decide to go set it free in the pear tree close by. However, on the way I run into a fairly large spider web, and as I look into the cedar tree trying to catch a glimpse of the spider, I spy a little green snake. Of course, I have to get it and let Jess and the wife take a gander at it, and at some point I lost the ash on the cigar.

Around the half way point, a really good cinnamon spice starts to hit the back of the throat, and I find the body picks up to an almost medium. The smoke itself has remained creamy and buttery on the palate with the chocolate and cedar wood notes still coming through. There’s an incredibly delicious finish left on the palate that is very lasting after exhaling.

I started having some burn issues in the final third, seems like there may be some tunneling as I was puffing a good bit with not much smoke coming through. Towards the end, the cigar started to smoke better, and although flavor was still good, there was a somewhat bitter, charred wood flavor in there as well. I put the smoke down with about an inch left.

This cigar started off with a very mild body and not much spice, but had incredibly rich and creamy smoke that coated the tongue, feeling buttery to my palate. The halfway point was the sweet spot as the body picked up along with a nice spice. Not sure what happened at the end with the burn, however if not for that I feel the cigar would have performed perfectly to the end. Thank you Art for the opportunity to smoke such a fine cigar! I very much enjoyed it!

DSC08241.jpg

DSC08242.jpg

DSC08255.jpg

07-12-09RYJMuseumEd001.jpg

07-12-09RYJMuseumEd002.jpg

DSC08268.jpg

DSC08271.jpg

DSC08287.jpg

First off, great review!!!

Out of curiosity, do you reveiw every cigar you smoke?? Seems like you post a new one almost every day.

Great review and pics as always, Greg!

Very nice review. I have been wanting about trying one of these. I will have to pick one up next time I see it.

First off, great review!!!

Out of curiosity, do you reveiw every cigar you smoke?? Seems like you post a new one almost every day.

Great review and pics as always, Greg!

I try to review cigars I've never tried before. Sometimes I might review one that I haven't smoked in a long while. Course, I don't review every cigar I smoke. ;)

Your cigar reviews are fantastic, Greg. I also enjoy the nature pics. :thumbs:

Thanks for the review! I have one sitting in the cooler. I haven't really had the chance to light anything up but after reading this review, I think I will try to make some time this week to smoke it.

Oh and for those that are interested in this cigar, it's not a cheap stick... I think I paid like $30 something for this stick. Maybe that's why it's been sitting in the cooler? :rolleyes:

Hey Greg

Glad you enjoyed the smoke. I thought that they were "a good smoke", but being the Padron lover that I am and for the Price, I'd take an 80th any day. Still a good smoke, but head to head with the Padron, the RyJ comes up with the short stick. Althought theh RyJ does get points for the artwork.

Art

Your cigar reviews are fantastic, Greg. I also enjoy the nature pics. :thumbs:

Yup! Adds a nice human element to the whole things and really emphasizes the unique experience and surroundings of each cigar. Excellent review and pics as usual Greg. :thumbs:

Thanks for the review. I've debated on picking up some of these, but they are pricey. Nice review and pics as usual.

Great review! I was at the B&M the other day and I saw a box of these. Very cool looking indeed. I considered picking one up, alas I wanted to purchase more than one smoke that day so I didn't. I don't remember the price but it was likely a bit high for me. I will have to revisit the notion the next time i'm there though, based on this review. :)

Fantastic review. I loved it. I picked one of these museum edition RyJs while I went to visit the in-laws in PA. Sitting in my humi. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Very cool!

Someone gave me one that I have to review....and a Stradivarious!

Nice stuff.

Glass Tube reminds me of the Gurkha Status that recently gained a spot in my humidor. :)