• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta Petite Piramide EL 2005

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I recently picked up this little gem in Jeff’s Gas Pass, which was put by Khari, so thanks to both for the opportunity to give it a try. I recall my first RYJ was an Escudos, and not caring much for the flavor, which I remember was very floral. However, my palate has changed quite a bit since then and continues to change, as I’m now really enjoying the RYJ profile.

I really like the way this Petite Piramide looks. A robusto size with tapered head seems a perfect fit for what I like in a cigar. It’s perfectly constructed with the wrapper leaning slightly towards a dark brown that has tiny black specks of “tooth” throughout. There are no noticeable veins, and it seems I can actually feel the oil on the wrapper. The weight feels good in the hand, maybe a tad bit on the light side, and quite firm when squeezed. I clip off about a quarter inch of the perfectly tapered cap, and find there’s a perfect draw with that. Taste coming through is of good, straightforward tobacco.

Taking my time putting fire to the foot, I blow on the embers to ensure an even burn, then take several quick puffs to really get the smoke flowing. First draw has a good bit of power behind it with a very nice white pepper spice. I would have to say the smoke is close to full-bodied right from the get go. There’s definitely a rich sweetness coming through, I mean really rich. Unbelievably rich! I’m getting the floral notes typical of an RYJ profile, however it’s not as predominant as is usual, but blending in with what seems like wood, earth, worn leather and possibly vegetable notes. Now this is what I call a complex cigar!

The burn is sharp with a strong, medium gray ash forming that is somewhat flaky and has noticeable tooth throughout. A perfect amount of medium to full-bodied smoke is coming through in the draw with an incredibly spot on spice, rich and complex flavors, and an excellent finish that coats the tongue. Simply fantastic flavor that is long and lasting.

This cigar performed flawlessly throughout and has to be one of the best of this Marca I’ve smoked to date. From the get go, the medium to full body was excellent along with the perfect amount of spice, rich and complex flavors, and incredibly lasting finish. This cigar fit my palate perfectly and, I’m now craving more. Absolutely fantastic!

05-17-09RYJPeititePiramide001.jpg

05-17-09RYJPeititePiramide002.jpg

05-17-09RYJPeititePiramide003.jpg

DSC04661.jpg

DSC04665.jpg

05-17-09RYJPeititePiramide004.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

Glad you liked it, Greg. I like it a lot too, and I owe it all to Jason (lordlister). After trying that one, I went on a mission to find more!

Every time when I read your reviews, I think it can't get any better. The pics and the subjects I mean. But every time you amaze me again.

I only have one question. Was that bee attracted by the floral notes of the cigar? :rolleyes:

Now serious again. Great review as always and please keep posting them.

Glad you liked it, Greg. I like it a lot too, and I owe it all to Jason (lordlister). After trying that one, I went on a mission to find more!

Cohibasurfer got me hooked on these! Until this release, I wasn't that fond of any of the RyJ's I had sampled. This cigar let me appreciate the RyJ flavor profile, and now I'm a fan of several vitolas. IMO, these are one of the finest EL's ever released. Glad you guys liked em' too. Thanks for the fantastic review Greg!

Sounds like an amazing smoke! Great review as always :thumbs:

I have only had one and would love to get my hands on more. As you noted they are very enjoyable! Great review

What a beautiful looking stick this is, very jealous. Glad you enjoyed this stick. I was lucky enough to pick up a few churchills the other week.