• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RP Sungrown Maduros

stewa070

I used to love the RP 1990s - and 1992s. How do these sungrowns stack up? Debating on trying to find some.

Also, I'm love maduro robusto cigars. I like anything with a smooth coffee/chocolate kind of flavor. Not a huge fan of spice but I can handle it. Any suggestions?

The RP Sungrown is a better smoke than the 90 or 92, in my opinion. I haven't tried the Maduro version, so I can't help you there.

I haven't smoked an RP Sungrown in a long time, but the trick USED to be, 5-6 years ago . . . only buy them at your local B&M. And only after smoking one first. And then only from THAT box.

Like most RP product, the first run, or sometimes just the convention samples, would be excellent---and then the line would promptly go to shit as Rocky cut corners and made cheaper blend substitutions. But for some time after you couldn't trust 'em anymore, a box of Sungrowns would come through that'd knock your socks off.

~Boar