• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Churchill Bands

snowy

Does anyone know if the band for the RyJ Churchill have been changed recently ? I have some from '99 which has Romeo y Julieta on top of the Churchill on band but the box from '07 that I just got does not have the Romeo y Julieta anywhere on the band and it just say "Churchills".

Does anyone know if the band for the RyJ Churchill have been changed recently ? I have some from '99 which has Romeo y Julieta on top of the Churchill on band but the box from '07 that I just got does not have the Romeo y Julieta anywhere on the band and it just say "Churchills".

Photo please.

As requested here are the photos.

One on the right is from 2007 and left from 1999

DSC00204.jpg

Maybe this helps. I did not see the band on the 1999 RyJ, however.

Linky

My guess is that it is the new style band. I only have a tubo version to compare, but it has that style band on it with only Churchill written on it. The difference is my tubo version has the Red and White RyJ band as well, above the Churchill band.

~Billy

My guess is that it is the new style band. I only have a tubo version to compare, but it has that style band on it with only Churchill written on it. The difference is my tubo version has the Red and White RyJ band as well, above the Churchill band.

~Billy

While I haven't purchased any tubos in quite some time, as they are illegal here, they never had a regular RyJ band. Every churchill I've ever seen has only the gold band like the one on the left, with RyJ on it. However, like I said I haven't bought any that were made in the past 5 years.

~Billy

No offense, but I would question that cigar. R y J Churchills have never come with a regular band. Only the ones on the left in the above pic.

That's what I'm seeing.

I'll have to check later.

~Billy

Are you thinking of Short Churchills perhaps? They do have a red and white band with a gold colored one beneath it.

As to the OP, I don't have any Churchills newer than '05 (Not a big fan of them personally, so I don't buy them often. Only things I have to add are:

1. I haven't heard of the bands on the right in the picture being used (doesn't mean they aren't).

2. As ever, using trusted vendors greatly reduces concerns about this sort of thing.

edited for spellingish

~Billy

Well, the HSA catalog has the band that you are discribing. It has the red and white band like the short churchill and a gold band below it with "CHURCHILLS". From the picture on their site it looks like "CHURCHILLS" not CHURCHILL.

I don't know if this is new for '08 or changed before.

~Billy

Are you thinking of Short Churchills perhaps? They do have a red and white band with a gold colored one beneath it.

As to the OP, I don't have any Churchills newer than '05 (Not a big fan of them personally, so I don't buy them often. Only things I have to add are:

1. I haven't heard of the bands on the right in the picture being used (doesn't mean they aren't).

2. As ever, using trusted vendors great reduces concerns about this sort of thing.

It is from a trusted vendor but it still worries me because it seems like no one has seen this band before. As stated before if HSA's catalogue had the band on the right it would be less worrisome but it has a totally different band (like short churchill) on it's site.

The Tubo is the No 2. with the red band...dag'nabit, now I really will have to dig into the humi's!
Unless they are NC!?

Even the 3 pack Tubos have the gold band.

Does it say 'Habana' on the side?

the one on the right does not match the 07 bands on our r&j churchill a/t

cheers
drew p

[/quote]

The Tubo is the No 2. with the red band...dag'nabit, now I really will have to dig into the humi's!
Unless they are NC!?

Even the 3 pack Tubos have the gold band.

Does it say 'Habana' on the side?
[/quote]

Yes it does. This cigar is from a dress box not a tubo. (Not that it might make a difference).

the one on the right does not match the 07 bands on our r&j churchill a/t

cheers
drew p

Thanks Drew. Does the '07 like the one on the left or is it like the one shown on their site ?

Thanks

David

I would be very suspicious of the RyJ Churchill on the right. EDIT: While I don't have any '07s, I'm unaware of any change in its band.

david-

the band on the left matches our 07 and 08 r&j churchill a/t. i hope that helps.

cheers
drew p

Guys...

This is a reletively new tubo, and I am pretty sure they are banded like this for '07-'08. I am 100% sure that it is legitimate. I have the utmost trust in my source!

~Billy

Guys...

This is a reletively new tubo, and I am pretty sure they are banded like this for '07-'08. I am 100% sure that it is legitimate. I have the utmost trust in my source!

~Billy

Even though nearly everyone who's assessed the band on the right has concluded that no RyJ Churchill, tubed or not, has that band?

Well....00, 05 and 06 (a/t) have the original band.

Could you take some photo's of the cigar (foot/head/comp.)?

Thanks.

Pictures on habanos.com show that the new incarnation of RyJ Churchills have both the red and white band as well as a plain gold band with just Churchill inscribed on it. I've seen reports that there was a period of time that some tubos in the new red and white design contained cigars with just the Churchill band. If you trust your vendor, then don't worry about it and smoke it. I use one vendor and I have absolute trust in them. I've seen my share of muddled, faded, imprecise, and what turned out later to be just newly redesigned bands, but I've never questioned their authenticity because I trust my vendor 100%.

Well....00, 05 and 06 (a/t) have the original band.

Could you take some photo's of the cigar (foot/head/comp.)?

Thanks.

I have this posted on another board and one guy who bought a box of '07 from a duty free airport shop in Kuwait (which he verified as an authorized habanos dealer), says they have the same band as the one on the right.

As mentioned before this is from a trusted source so I guess the best thing to do is smoke it see how they taste.

If you do not mind I would like to send you a sample to try to get your opinion. I have asked others to do the same. I guess my feeling is that if we get a concensus from a group of people one way or another it would be more compelling than just one person's opinion.

I will send you a pm and if any one else is interested send me a pm.