• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristoabal De La Habana Punta 2003

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Pouring down rain this morning. I had my trepidations about coming out and having a smoke due to the amount of humidity in the air, however I grabbed this SCDLH Punta from ’03 and headed to the back porch anyway.

It’s been a good while since I’ve smoked an SCDLH; the last time I believe was a Muralla and the burn was atrocious, that I remember. Again, I was somewhat leery about the burn on this one as well, however what the hey. This is a nice looking belicoso with medium brown wrapper with noticeable oil and no prominent veins to be seen. It was firm, had a good weight in the hand, and with the tapered head clipped I found a perfect draw.

With the foot engulfed in glowing orange embers, I take a couple puffs, a long draw, and find the smoke to be a good medium in body with a strong black pepper spice to start off. The first quarter to half inch was quite strong with the spice really kicking, however soon after it mellowed out and delicious flavor started coming through. I was getting a dark, luscious red fruit that was incredibly rich with hints of cocoa and toasted nut. Oh boy was this thing good!

The burn was sharp with a strong, medium to dark gray ash forming that held quite well. Instead of ashing the cigar, I let the burn go and as you can tell from the pictures, it held for over half the cigar. Cool! The draw remained perfect, flavors remaining consistently rich and delicious with a finish that was absolutely incredible on the palate, long and lasting. A simply fantastic smoke that matched my palate to a T.

This was without a doubt the best SCDLH I’ve smoked to date with excellent burn, perfect draw, and incredibly rich flavors that remained consistent throughout. I can even begin to describe how good the finish was, lasting long after exhaling the delicious smoke. Excellent cigar!

05-24-09SCDLHPunta001.jpg

DSC05195.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

DSC05197.jpg

DSC05198.jpg

DSC05199.jpg

05-24-09SCDLHPunta007.jpg

05-24-09SCDLHPunta008.jpg

05-24-09SCDLHPunta009.jpg

DSC05240.jpg