• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Savinelli Cigars

live4

I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and my family's cigars. My name is Steven Ysidron son of Ruben Ysidron. Savinelli is a brand that has been around for 134 years in the Pipe Industry of which my family Ruben,Robert have run for 45 years in the U.S.A many people have asked what Pipes have to do with Cigars and here is the story.. Back in the late 80's I was working with my father and Uncle Bob at out offices and I had started to smoke cigars like both my grandfathers did before me.Feeling it was part of my Cuban heritage as both of my grandparents where involved with cigars in one way or another. Back then I was fascinated with my culture and wanted to learn more. My father and I talked about distributing cigar and getting them made for us but this was not a easy task. At one time we where the agents for Camacho who made a unbelievable product for us in the 70's but still was a difficult to sell because cigars were not as popular as they are today. So my father decided to call some old friends from Tampa more like family..but thats another story The Company was and is Fuente and both Carlos Sr. and Jr. invited us down to their factory in the Dominican Republic. When I went there I was so amazed at the process and the attention to detail Carlos showed and told us of their history and their commitment to quality. This was it I was convinced this was the home for our first cigar. The farms the people the tobacco consumed me and the beginning of a obsession was born. After blending and trying blends for over 2 years with the help of Master Blenders Carlos Sr. and Jr. and my father Ruben we came up with the E.L.R. Extremely Limited Reserve which has been made in The Opus X factory since 1994. Over the years with our contacts in the industry have grown our family to include La Aurora, Oliva, Placencia and various cigar artisans over the years with the abilty to choose from some of the finest crops in the world and work with the best rollers. We have been able to keep the Savinelli cigar brand boutique...im sorry micro boutique for over 15 years with some of the best ratings in the world 89,90,91,92 these small productions allow us to be very hands on in the process from the farms to the ageing process. Maintaining what I learned from my father, Achilles Savinelli and Carlos Fuentes "You can not rush quality" So from our hands to yours, I invite you to try some of our delicious cigars and taste what true craftsmanship can produce.

Welcome to the forum. I haven't tried one yet, but will have to take a look when I come across one.

Welcome aboard, that was an interesting read

Welcome to CP, and thanks for sharing your story. I've tried a few of your cigars, and have not been disappointed.

Welcome aboard Steven, you've got one heckuva employee working for you. :cool: You have quite a few fans here of your pipes as well.

Welcome Steve! Thank you for joining up, welcome to CP! My dear friend Matthew has provided me some excellent samples of the Savinelli line and have very much enjoyed them so far. Again, thanks for joining up and posting, definitely learned something new from the information.

That Anthem/Matthew is a awesome! (Matt - payment can be made in smokes.)

John

Welcome Steve. Thank you for sharing some history.
I've tried several of the lines, and all solid smokes.

Might as well chime in about Matthew. Nicest tobacco rep I have ever met.
I am now honored to refer to him as my friend.

Welcome Steve. Thank you for sharing some history.
I've tried several of the lines, and all solid smokes.

Might as well chime in about Matthew. Nicest tobacco rep I have ever met.
I am now honored to refer to him as my friend.

Ditto as to all.

Welcome to CP, Steve! I, too, consider Matt not only to be a kick-ass rep, but a very close friend of mine.

I am a fan of your cigars, with the RyR (Robert and Ruben?) Torp and Liga Especial Torp topping my list!

Jeffrey L.

Welcome to CP, Steve! I, too, consider Matt not only to be a kick-ass rep, but a very close friend of mine.

I am a fan of your cigars, with the RyR (Robert and Ruben?) Torp and Liga Especial Torp topping my list!

Jeffrey L.

Tis Rich & Rare I tells ya :laugh:

Welcome! I also had the pleasure of meeting Matt and enjoying a couple of the Savinelli cigars. The cigars were very enjoyable. Meeting Matt was a pleasure. He represents your brand very well.