• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

Jonesy said:
Everything looks suspect to me so far...

:sign:
If you look suspect, just think about how the shit would hit the fan if I got involved.

CulturedHick said:
Barry, I am ready to receive whenever, no hurry. Friday shipping is good.

I will work on my puts and takes tonight.

Pitchers and catchers already reported...so hurry up!

How about these?

Put: Herrera Esteli Lonsdale
Take: Illusione F9

Put: Headly Grange Hermosa
Take:Tat Reserva 7th

Put: La Palina Lancero
Take: Viaje Oro Divino

Put: Illusione CG4
Take: Cabaiguan Guapos 46

Fellas, unfortunately Murphy tapped me on the shoulder today.  Yesterday afternoon I was added to the flying schedule for today.  I finished my post-mission paperwork, raced home, picked it up... but in the end, I was too late to make the post office before it closed.  This will be shipping tomorrow morning.

Don't sweat it, Barry. we do understand that real life and work intrudes on our cigar hobby at times. :)

CulturedHick said:
How about these?

Alan, the first three look spot on to me.  This one looks like about a $1 under-put.  I don't have any heartburn with that because the cg4 is a better stick IMHO, but I'd like to see the consensus. 

Also, what about the Belle Encre for Ben?  What a tease! :laugh:

mjolnir01 said:

How about these?

Alan, the first three look spot on to me.  This one looks like about a $1 under-put.  I don't have any heartburn with that because the cg4 is a better stick IMHO, but I'd like to see the consensus. 

I double checked my math and Barry is right. I came up with $7.32 for the CG4 and $8.07 for the Guapos 46. I know Ken said price is not all that important, but I am not comfortable with this, it is too much of a price difference. I will just stick with the other 3 puts/takes.

When I was going thru my coolidor looking for puts, I found the Belle Encre was split almost from stem to stern. Sorry Ben, it is the only one I have.

Alan

Since the purpose of this pass is to experience new sticks, I think I can live with 60-75 cents in price difference. The reason that guapos costs more is because it's a tat product. Though 1-2 bucks would be not exactly ideal. It's tough to find slim guage sticks that are very close in price. So far I am seeing that that is part of the challenge/fun of this pass.

CMontoya79 said:
Since the purpose of this pass is to experience new sticks, I think I can live with 60-75 cents in price difference. The reason that guapos costs more is because it's a tat product. Though 1-2 bucks would be not exactly ideal. It's tough to find slim guage sticks that are very close in price. So far I am seeing that that is part of the challenge/fun of this pass.
I agree leave it in there Alan.

Tall Paul said:

It's tough to find slim guage sticks that are very close in price.
I agree leave it in there Alan.

I say leave it in also. If it's a good stick, and something someone in the pass would smoke and never had or like to try again it's a good put. Really, it's more about value and smoking something new to you than price. Price frequently equals value but that is not always the case.

I am unfamiliar with the common protocols, but suggest that we look at puts/takes from a passer in their entirety. If a passer takes four sticks of $X total value and puts four sticks of the same total $X value which are sticks people are interested in being in the pass those would be good puts.

That would be make it easier to do puts, and might include more interesting sticks in the pass.

What do you guys think of that? Or do you have another suggestion?

I think so long as the sticks are close in value, and it's stuff people will want Then it's all good.

personal User said:
I am unfamiliar with the common protocols, but suggest that we look at puts/takes from a passer in their entirety. If a passer takes four sticks of $X total value and puts four sticks of the same total $X value which are sticks people are interested in being in the pass those would be good puts.

That would be make it easier to do puts, and might include more interesting sticks in the pass.

Ken, normal pass protocol is to evaluate each put/take individually.  Judgement on the validity of puts/takes lies with the participants with the host as the final authority.  If other participants are good with it and you're good with it--I know I'm good with it--so I say let Alan's CG4 put stand pat. 

On a slightly related note, the pass flew this morning.  EDA at Alan's place is Monday.  DC#9114901230801611690000

grateful1 said:

Is it bad I just now noticed this?  :sign:

mjolnir01 said:

At least Gary did not include a link...

CulturedHick said:

At least Gary did not include a link...
Why? Why would you even say that?

mjolnir01 said:

Ken, normal pass protocol is to evaluate each put/take individually.  Judgement on the validity of puts/takes lies with the participants with the host as the final authority.  If other participants are good with it and you're good with it--I know I'm good with it--so I say let Alan's CG4 put stand pat. 

On a slightly related note, the pass flew this morning.  EDA at Alan's place is Monday.  DC#9114901230801611690000

EXACTLY...

Guys, I don't want to sound like a stick-in-the-mud here but there is a lot more to participating in a pass than just adding & taking cigars arbitrarily and having fellow participants announcing that 'it's OK with me' if the prices aren't close. It's supposed to be a process of learning about cigars, familiarizing yourselves with the new cigars you want to 'Take' by searching to see what the blends are, checking out the various vendors and their pricing policies, and most of all, having fun DURING this whole process.

It seems that the normal protocols that have guided passes here on CP are being blurred to a certain extent. Doing one's homework regarding Puts & Takes should not be looked at as "work" and by doing so means you're not having fun. There is a certain amount of responsibility to participating in a Cigar Pass.

When doing your Puts & Takes, each cigar is judged individually, not as a batch. Ask Pug, he'll tell how he learned that during his first Pass. 

Again, I don't want to be a buzz kill, but there are some basic rules on pricing to be followed when participating in a Pass. If you're not familiar with them, read some of the many past Passes and I have a feeling you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. This is not about speed, it's about having intelligent conversations about each person's Puts & Takes and what each participant's perspective is about them. Doing your due diligence is not work, it's fun and teaches at the same time. Plus, you owe it to your fellow brothers & sisters to do so in all fairness.

I will now get off my soapbox with my One Step...

CulturedHick said:

How about these?

When I was going thru my coolidor looking for puts, I found the Belle Encre was split almost from stem to stern. Sorry Ben, it is the only one I have.

Alan

No worries Alan!  It was the thought that counted :)

ironpeddler said:

EXACTLY...

Guys, I don't want to sound like a stick-in-the-mud here but there is a lot more to participating in a pass than just adding & taking cigars arbitrarily and having fellow participants announcing that 'it's OK with me' if the prices aren't close. It's supposed to be a process of learning about cigars, familiarizing yourselves with the new cigars you want to 'Take' by searching to see what the blends are, checking out the various vendors and their pricing policies, and most of all, having fun DURING this whole process.

It seems that the normal protocols that have guided passes here on CP are being blurred to a certain extent. Doing one's homework regarding Puts & Takes should not be looked at as "work" and by doing so means you're not having fun. There is a certain amount of responsibility to participating in a Cigar Pass.

When doing your Puts & Takes, each cigar is judged individually, not as a batch. Ask Pug, he'll tell how he learned that during his first Pass. 

Again, I don't want to be a buzz kill, but there are some basic rules on pricing to be followed when participating in a Pass. If you're not familiar with them, read some of the many past Passes and I have a feeling you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. This is not about speed, it's about having intelligent conversations about each person's Puts & Takes and what each participant's perspective is about them. Doing your due diligence is not work, it's fun and teaches at the same time. Plus, you owe it to your fellow brothers & sisters to do so in all fairness.

I will now get off my soapbox with my One Step...

I have a blast going all Leslie Knope on my P/Ts.  I think it is fun to analyze and research each P/T individually.  Teaches me about other smokes I would not normally have the option to buy and there for am trying something new that I have not had before.