• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smart sensor x2

Josie whales

Live to ride
just ordered another boveda smart sensor for my second humidor. This sensor really works well. I finally trust it no more need for hygrometers!

I've been looking at all these remote sensors for quite some time...along with reading the comments from the members here about how well they perform. But I still can't put all my eggs in that basket knowing how any humistat fails over time. Even my Aristocrat...it has a control unit that handles all the functions in there...but I also have backups to verify it's working correctly. That's how I knew my original unit failed and had to be replaced.

I will follow what you guys report over time because it is a neat way to go, so please continue to update the thread every few months so we all can get a handle on this.

Thanks...

Was thinking about picking one of these up until I looked up the instructions for remote monitoring, not sure I want to leave a tablet turned on near by all the time

I picked up a SensorPush from Amazon a few months ago. So far I don’t have any complaints.

I really like the Temp Stick! It's a remote hygrometer similar to the SensorPush, but doesn't require the wireless gateway. Check out this Best Hygrometer Guide for more info. After using both, I agree, the TempStick would be my recommendation too.

I really like the Temp Stick! It's a remote hygrometer similar to the SensorPush, but doesn't require the wireless gateway. Check out this Best Hygrometer Guide for more info. After using both, I agree, the TempStick would be my recommendation too.

Yes, the TempStick looks great, but priced a bit high... I think I will try it out in one of my humidor and do a comparison...

After reading the reviews on Amazon, I think I will pass on the TempStick...

“We do try our best in the product description to clearly explain the maximum reading frequency is every 5 minutes:
"Set frequency (1-12 times hourly)"

It is incorrect to say we do not recommend these settings. We want to inform users that battery life is lowered the more often the device is running and may only last two or three months at the maximum settings”

My SensorPush gives me readings every minute, and the batteries have lasted over a year (so far)

After reading all of the reviews online and comments here over the last 18 months or so, I've decided to pass on all of them. The way I see it is, once you purchase a quality humidor or have a well constructed walk-in....fill it with cigars...it becomes it's own living/breathing ecosystem with hardly any fluctuations in humidity, even when they run out of distilled water for a bit. There is so much humidity in the cedar, boxes, and cigars themselves, I find a few percent either way has no effect on the cigars I smoke. Having all these sensors would probably drive me nuts and cause low level anxiety thinking I had to check all the numbers often in an attempt to justify their purchase.

So I'm sticking to my tried & true method of tending to them every month or two...a little more so in the Winter's dryness...checking the digital units periodically, dry box cigars that seem a tad moist based on experience, and not worrying about it...like I've done for 40+ years. I find I enjoy that ritual of playing with my cigars and constantly discovering sticks I forgot I bought many years ago.

I'll leave the high tech stuff to you young whipper snappers...:p

After reading all of the reviews online and comments here over the last 18 months or so, I've decided to pass on all of them. The way I see it is, once you purchase a quality humidor or have a well constructed walk-in....fill it with cigars...it becomes it's own living/breathing ecosystem with hardly any fluctuations in humidity, even when they run out of distilled water for a bit. There is so much humidity in the cedar, boxes, and cigars themselves, I find a few percent either way has no effect on the cigars I smoke. Having all these sensors would probably drive me nuts and cause low level anxiety thinking I had to check all the numbers often in an attempt to justify their purchase.

So I'm sticking to my tried & true method of tending to them every month or two...a little more so in the Winter's dryness...checking the digital units periodically, dry box cigars that seem a tad moist based on experience, and not worrying about it...like I've done for 40+ years. I find I enjoy that ritual of playing with my cigars and constantly discovering sticks I forgot I bought many years ago.

I'll leave the high tech stuff to you young whipper snappers...:p

I think its just a bit of fun... I do the same thing as you, I hear the beeping sound that my units need water, then I add water... Just like I really don't need 10 different cutters, 10 different lighters, 10 different ash trays, etc... but it is a "hobby" that we entertain ourselves with...

I think its just a bit of fun... I do the same thing as you, I hear the beeping sound that my units need water, then I add water... Just like I really don't need 10 different cutters, 10 different lighters, 10 different ash trays, etc... but it is a "hobby" that we entertain ourselves with...

I get it Bill, that was my initial draw to the concept. But in the end....

Forrest-Gump-88.jpg

Buy a pack of batteries because mine dies every 2-3 months.

edit: For the Boveda Smart Sensor

Interesting...I was looking at SensorPush just now....after having one for a while, any users have comments on them..??

Has anyone ever tied one of these: http://www.wirelesstag.net
I have been eyeing these for a while now. They seem like a less expensive version of the SensorPush, but with more sensor options available. They are so inexpensive, I was thinking of putting them everywhere. In my humidors, freezer, refrigerator, and outside too. With the motion and light sensor capability you could monitor bad things, like if someone leaves the freezer door open. Or it someone is sneaking into your humidor, LOL!