• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After smoking the Diamond Crown Julius Caeser, which was much too mild, I decided to go find something with good strength to satiate the palate. What I grabbed was a Tat Black someone was kind enough to send in my pass; however a note was on the baggie stating it may be a fake. What I surmise is it’s actually a robusto that comes in the three packs given away at events, which is awesome as I’ve not had one before. I pulled the cello off and it had a nice yellow tint to it, making me think this cigar had some age to it. The wrapper was a medium brown and rustic looking that seemed dry with no oils at all with boxlike veins throughout. It had a good, solid weight to it, very firm when squeezed, and after clipping the cone like cap I found the draw with perfect resistance.

I torched the uncircumcised foot letting the loose tobacco leaf fall into the ashtray, then blew on the embers to get a nice, even burn. After a number of puffs, I then took a long draw that brought a strong black pepper spice to the back of the tongue and throat, ah yes this is much better! The strength was medium to almost full, definitely satiating the palate, with a heavy body that had a good mouth feel. Flavors were spot on Tatuaje Black with notes of sweet vanilla, leather, and earth with an incredibly rich finish upon exhale.

I stepped inside long enough to grab a Victory Storm King Imperial Stout, which I believed would go rather well with the smoke (and it did). A third in and the burn is sharp with a mottled gray ash forming. The spice mellows after about an inch or so with the strength a good medium; flavors continue to be rich with the smoke smooth over the palate leaving a lasting finish.

What a fantastic cigar this was with sharp burn, perfect draw, and rich flavors that were complex, and a lasting finish lingering on the palate. I can say this was definitely a genuine Tat Black if there ever was one, thoroughly enjoyed it! I think one more Storm King and then some Bleu cheeseburgers on the grill! Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend! Cheers!

02-20-11TatBlackRobusto003.jpg

02-20-11TatBlackRobusto001-1.jpg

02-20-11TatBlackRobusto002-1.jpg

I received one of these from a vendor who scrwed up an order. Knowing they aren't readily available I am waiting for the right time to fire it up. Glad to hear it holds true to the Tat Black line. Thanks for the review.
Tom

oo oh oh oh I know a secret! :)

Trust me, for some reason I know it was not a fake. I really enjoy those. I have 4 or so left and just don't want to see them gone.

It looks like it is from 09? :laugh: