• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Cabaiguan Guapo

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I am so glad it’s Friday! Man what a week. I was hoping to get out of the office a little early today, but that was a no go unfortunately. But still, it’s Friday! :D So it’s Mother’s Day weekend, and I plan to treat the wife with her favorite meal of baked turkey, all the fixins, and a Red Velvet cake. Gonna be busy! Hopefully I’ll get to still have my smoke time, but it’s her weekend so I may not. I’m at least going to get one in this evening, a Cabaiguan Guapo!

This is a nice sized cigar with medium brown wrapper that is quite smooth with small veins throughout and not much by way of oils. It’s very firm when squeezed and a little light in the hand, which I’m hoping doesn’t mean there’ll be a loose draw. I’ve unfortunately misplaced my Swiss Army punch knife so use my Palio to slice off the cap. The draw is a bit on the loose side, however there’s still a small amount of resistance to hopefully smoke well.

With the foot torched, my first draw is a good bit of black pepper spice with tastes of coffee, vanilla bean, and a nice woodiness. The smoke itself is a good medium body, cool and smooth over the palate. There’s a very nice lasting finish after exhaling.

The first quarter to half inch is quite spicy, however starts to mellow after that point. Flavors are quite rich and a fantastic aroma fills my nostrils from the smoke in the air. The burn is sharp with a light gray ash forming that is slightly flaky with bits and pieces falling here and there. I’m thoroughly enjoying the nice twang in the lasting finish.

Halfway in and this cigar really starts to shine with a perfect amount of now white pepper spice coming through in the medium to full bodied smoke. Rich tastes of cocoa, vanilla bean, and wood are predominant with sweetness in the smoke that is excellent on the lips. There’s also a nice twang in the smoke that is lip smacking good. The draw is spot on producing smoke that flows effortlessly leaving an excellent finish that lasts on the palate.

This was an excellent smoke, fitting my palate perfectly with excellent burn, just the right amount of spice, rich flavors, and lasting finish. I’d love to have an original release of one of these to see what age does to them. I should probably pick up a box to put down for a few years as I think they would age rather well. Yeah, that’s the ticket! ;)

Have a great weekend everybody!

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

05-08-09TatCabGuapo001.jpg

DSC03997.jpg

DSC04008.jpg

DSC03998.jpg

DSC04009.jpg

DSC04007.jpg

05-08-09TatCabGuapo002.jpg

Great review my friend. I love these. I think you would also like the Guapo maduros... I think they're even better than these!

Greg, my wife thought the cat was an 'odd choice' for your background. :laugh:

Greg, that cigar looks like it was absolutely delicious. You are very much tempting me to go to the B&M to grab a few Cabaiguans. They are beautifully crafted sticks! Thanks for the awesome review.

I was smoking one of these over the Holidays (December) at a local hangout and a guy walking by liked the smell so much he bought be another round. Of course I have to give Robbie (Mamaipadronsmoker) all the credit it was a gift from him. Thanks again Robbie!

Great review. As soon as I found these were released again, I have been saving up to buy a box. I can't wait.