• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Cabaiguan Robutsos Extra OR

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I got this cigar from Al (Puffstuff) while at his place in Georgia last month and per Al, this is an original release Cabaiguans of which he only had two. The wrapper is a light brown, slightly lighter than a Cabaiguan Imperiales that I have in the humi, is very smooth with one prominent vein running the length, and not much by way of oils that I can see. There’s a good weight in the hand with the cigar very firm when squeezed, and with the cap punched I find a perfect draw with a sweet tobacco flavor.

It takes no time to get the cigar lit and smoke flowing well through the perfect draw. I find a mild to almost medium white pepper spice coming through initially with the smoke a medium strength and very smooth over the palate. Flavors are very rich with tastes of sweetened cocoa, strong roasted nuts, distinct worn leather, and a good finish immediately after exhaling, but quite short.

The burn is sharp with a light gray ash forming that has very small tooth throughout and holds strong until tapped off. A good amount of medium strength smoke is flowing through the continuing perfect draw and remains smooth, almost creamy. Flavors are quite consistent with what seems like a bit of cinnamon spice hitting the palate nicely. The finish is really good upon initial exhale, however doesn’t last very long after.

Heading into halfway and the spice kicks up a notch to a good medium white pepper on the back of the tongue and throat with the smoke continuing to be medium in strength and flowing well in the perfect draw. Flavors are still consistent, sweet cocoa, dark roasted nuts, and worn leather being most prominent. The finish remains good, but rather short on the palate.

This was a good cigar with a very sharp burn, perfect draw, good flavors that were somewhat rich with a good finish upon exhale but not lasting long at all. Definitely not a fantastic smoke, but still good nonetheless.

09-25-09CabaiguanRobEx001.jpg

09-25-09CabaiguanRobEx002.jpg

09-25-09CabaiguanRobEx003.jpg

I had one the other day I found it pretty good but I like the Maduros better
Thanks for the review

I had the Belicoso today. It is not bad, but a little pricey for what you get. Greg, you are right on with the flavors and how long it stays. Excellent post.

Hey Greg,
I'll smoke mine this week and post my impressions.

I bought a few from Drapers in DC that were spectacular. Since then, I've had a few that were good, but not great. Hopefully I'll come across some more of the really good ones one day.

Took me a little while longer than I expected, but I'm smoking the one I got from Al now. Your review was spot on.